Aren't You Glad You Didn't Turn on the Lights?

Aren't You Glad You Didn't Turn on the Lights

"There's this party tonight. You have to come to this one Alex. We've been in college for how long now?" Sarah looked at the serious and depressing Alexandra.

"Relax, Sarah. I've only missed two parties. Plus, tonight's different. Tomorrow we have that crazy science midterm. You should think of studying too rather than partying with the handsome jock named Jackson. See ya," Alexandra said, leaving her friend dying of boredom.

Sarah and Alexandra, the two college roommates and science class partners.

Sarah got dressed for the party as Alexandra sat at her desk, studying. "Are you sure you don't want to come? You can just ditch the party a little earlier and do a bit of light reading. Just like I usually do, works every time," Sarah pressured.

Alexandra looked up from her books and asked, "You're wearing that? Great, Jackson's going to be all over you tonight. Beware, you still have two more years to go, roomie." Sarah smiled and left for the party.

Alexandra sighed as the room suddenly became quiet. You could hear the crickets and locusts through the window as clear as day. Startled, Alexandra heard a light tap at her dorm door. Thinking of Sarah's irresponsibility, Alexandra had thought her roommate came to get her room key. Carelessly, Alexandra opened the door and began walking back to her desk.

"Hey, where's Alex?" Jackson asked. Sarah furrowed her eyebrows as she yelled over the music, "She stayed back to study. Why are you asking for her?"

"She's kind of the reason I came. I thought she'd come," he answered. Sarah slightly smiled as she walked over to the beer table.

Taken aback, Sarah started to feel pissed at her dormmate. Sarah decided not to be the bitter bitch and drowned herself with tons of alcohol. As the party continued, Sarah got cozy with a few more of the football players. The last hour of the party, Sarah and the others decided it was time to return to the dorms.

Sarah loudly made her way through the heavy dorm room door. Seeing that her roomie had already been asleep, Sarah dressed for bed in the darkness.

"What's so special about him anyway? I can't believe he'd use me to get to you. What a coward. You have no idea Alexandra. You wouldn't date him anyway. He's totally out of your league. Studious goody two shoes, Alexandra. The famous jock of all wants a taste," Sarah mumbled as she stood over Alexandra's stiff body.

Overcome by the stench in the room, Sarah clasped her mouth. "I wish they would hurry up and fix the damn pipes. That damn smell is unbearably disgusting. It smells like dead fucking flesh." Sarah ended her night after the remark of the horrid smells. Thinking nothing of it, since the smell was so common for their dormitories.

The next morning, Sarah awoke at the crack of dawn with the worst hangover. Seeing that her studious roommate had not woken up yet, Sarah decided to get a head start. Sarah continued from dawn to the beginning of sunrise, yet her roommate has yet to wake for class.