Slaughterhouse Canyon

"As we heard once from our history class, the gold rush from the 1800's brought a lot of sickness and death to fortune seekers as it did riches. During the 1800's there was a family that lived in the canyon in a small wooden shack. The husband wanted nothing more than to provide a better life for his wife and kids. He would happen to be one of those who would go to the mountains to look for gold and food for his family. The only food the small family had was the food the husband would bring back," Dave stated slowly.

"He would always return after two weeks of searching, yet we all know good things come to an end. The last time his family saw him was when he rode off on the back of a mule to once again feed his family. Unfortunately, the man was another victim of a gold rush tragedy," he finished.

"His wife had to be devastated when she got the news about her husband," Ana stated with a look of pure sadness.

"She was actually. After two weeks and a few days, his wife soon realized something was completely wrong. The little food they had started to slowly fade away until all was gone. The mother and children began to starve," Dave said.

"I can only imagine what that could do to a mother. It's pretty intense. Husband's missing and now her babies are starving," Valarie added.

"Each day passed, her children starving and begging for food. Each day she leaned to the brink of snapping, until she did. Unable to see her children starved to death, she murdered them and mutilated them into small pieces. When she'd finished the floors and walls had been painted with the blood of her children. But this part is even worse than the killing," Dave said. "She then carried what was left of the kids and threw them into the edge of the river. She laid there after tossing them in, wailing loud for her babies. The next morning, the mother herself would later die of starvation while she remained on the river bank. Some say her wails could be heard within the canyon. Especially on a quiet night, you could hear the cries of the heartbroken and psychotic mother," he finished.

"All because her husband didn't return home with food? That's crazy, couldn't she just go out and find work to support the kids?" Henry asked.

"As usual, so incompetent. Only factory work was available. Even if she did go to work, who would watch the kids? There are just some things that need to be thought of before said aloud. She couldn't bear the pain of her kids starving to death in front of her eyes. So she felt it was better to kill them before they actually died," Ana responded.