9| Bloody Rules

"Y/n, go greet our guests- what are you wearing?!"

"I got it from the mall."

Y/n pinched at the material of their outfit. They didn't think they looked bad, or improper.

"Go upstairs and change this instant!"

"But-"

"Y/n, your father has a reputation to uphold. I'm not going to let you ruin it for him. Now go!" Y/n opened their mouth to protest, however, only a sigh escaped when seeing their mother's impatient expression. They left the room to go to their bedroom, mumbling curses under their breath.

"Stupid fucking business."

"BEN, get out."

"But I want to-"

"Out."

The glitch huffed and crawled back into the screen, leaving the two alone. Y/n didn't say anything to the killer, only grabbing their book bag. They decided to be petty and ignore his presence.

"So you're going to act like I'm not here? Fine." He sighed, running a hand through his hair. Y/n internally rolled their eyes, tapping their pen against the book in front of them rapidly.

"It's kind of stupid but whatever floats your boat-"

Y/n dropped the pen onto the book, turning their head to Liu.

"Why the fuck did you come here? To argue again or to make me feel like shit?" The student asked. Their voice sounded exhausted.

"As much as I'd love to do both of those, neither. I just wanted to give you this." Liu walked over to where Y/n was, holding his arm out to give them something. He held a small rectangular plastic card. Y/n took the card from him, inspecting it.

"It's a gift card for some book store. I killed the person right after they exited the store, so I'm pretty sure it still has all the money inside." Y/n raised their eyes in surprise. On the corner was written the amount. 300 dollars.

Holy shit.

They both stayed silent for what felt like an eternity to Liu, waiting for something to happen. Though it was clear he'd have to say something for Y/n to talk.

"So, are we okay now?" He mumbled, playing with the switchblade in his pocket. Y/n thought for a second, taking into account everything that had happened.

BEN was right, they couldn't possibly stay angry with Liu for the next two to three weeks. Especially since they were pretending to date him. Their friends would at some point get skeptical.

Then again, Liu had yet to even utter the word sorry to Y/n. Instead, he decided to buy their forgiveness. And that was something that always irked the student. Having people give them an object so that they felt obligated to forgive the other.

But maybe this was different. Maybe Liu hadn't thought of it as such. Y/n thought about it for a second. He was a serial killer who showed no remorse, what were the chances he even felt sorrow or the need to say sorry often?

It was clear this was only him trying. And while Y/n was hesitant about it at first, they had to commend him for at least going out of his way to do this.

They looked him in his jade eyes. It swirled with impatience and some other emotion that Y/n just couldn't make out. Some emotion that made Y/n really want to forgive him.

"Yeah, we're good now. Thanks for the gift card-"

"Your nose is bleeding." A droplet came into contact with Y/n's finger, causing them to look down to see. It was, in fact, blood.