13| Friends and... Sully

A ticking clock.

That's all Y/n could hear. The analog clock repeated the same ticking noise every second. Seconds that turned into minutes, minutes that turned into hours. It sat pretty on Y/n's wall, timing them as they did their work.

Or perhaps it was doing something else. Maybe it's counting down the time until something terrible happens. Until the earth collapses beneath all of the living. Will the analog still keep on clicking then? Will the thin lines proceed to move, counting down, or maybe up, until all is gone? Will it be the base of all humanity? Or will it just simply falter?

"YOU ASSHOLE."

Some clocks have the capability of setting alarms. It will wait until the last tick until a buzz goes off, making sure to remind you that time is up.

"YOU CANCELED MY CREDIT CARD?!"

"You said you'd rather be independent, correct? Here is me letting you be independent."

Y/n felt like a clock at times. Or rather an alarm. The number of seconds spiraling down a staircase of patience. Soon enough, there would be no more stairs.

"Are you kidding me? How petty and selfish can you be?" She complained, her voice muffled just slightly due to the walls that separate Y/n and their family. The conversation continued, the yelling only gradually getting louder.

"If you don't like me here then fine! I'll just leave!" Y/n felt their heart drop as heavy footsteps trudged up the stairs, getting louder as their sister walked across the hallway to her bedroom. The younger sibling quickly got off the bed, all the alarms in their mind going off at a blaring volume. They swiftly opened their door and ran through the hallway, trying to catch up with their older sister.

"Are you actually leaving?!" Y/n asked, their words dried up in their throats. They wanted to say so much and yet could only manage to gain the courage to say so little.

___ looked to Y/n, her eyes puffy with tears just barely escaping her tear ducts. An apologetic expression sat on her face, feeling sympathetic for the younger.

"Y/n, I-"

"You're not going to leave me here, right? Tell me you'll come back." Y/n pleaded, broken words escaping in between sniffles. ___ pursed her lips, unsure of what exactly to say. It's not like she wanted to intentionally leave Y/n behind, however, she also knew there was no possible way she could take care of Y/n on her own.

"One day, I'll come back for you and ___. I promise. For now, you're the safest here. So please," She wrapped her arms around Y/n tightly, letting her tears roll away from her face and down onto the floor. Y/n's tears stained their sister's shirt, never wanting to let go.

"Trust me this once."

Aelina looked at Y/n with concern. She knew that their best friend was often tired and got little to no rest, however today they managed to look even more restless than usual.

"You know, I love the dead look on you. It suits the zombie in you." Aelina jokes, finding Y/n's near-sleeping figure amusing. The other groaned in annoyance, resting their head against the table.

"I didn't sleep at all last night." They mumbled. Aelina hummed, opening their laptop to their next class's homework that she had totally remembered to do. Y/n raised their head after a couple of minutes, rubbing their tired eyes.

"Hey, do you want to go to the laundromat with me later?"

"Sorry, I can't." Y/n pouted at her answer, furrowing their eyebrows.