Under the stars

.
There were so many things going on around the classroom.
The teacher lectured. Some students listened attentively. Some just listened. Some barely even cared. Muichiro wanted to listen attentively, but he couldn't.
Not because he lacked sleep, or because he didn't understand the lesson. He's just been feeling down a lot recently, but he doesn't know why.
All his friends have noticed this too and they're all worried for him, yet he can't seem to figure out why he feels so depressed.
Muichiro walked out of the classroom. Today was okay for him, good grades on the exams and worksheets, not so much homework and no practice today.
The Kimetsu academy junior high trio agreed yesterday that although they need to get stronger, they need to rest in order to be strong too.
What good is an exhausted student ?
So, no practice today. But even after all the good news, he still felt down. The whole day he wasn't able to talk to Nezuko , other than greeting her and Senjuro and some others this morning. Heck he hasn't been able to talk to her for about a whole month now!
He thought 'Maybe she's just busy' but deep down he knew she was never busy for this long. He just sighed to end the bitter thought and walked to his locker.

There weren't many people left when he reached his locker area. He liked it that way; he never enjoyed being around too many people, and today he just wasn't in the mood.
He unlocked his locker and opened it. Upon opening it he saw a white folded paper with his name written neatly on it. He tried to guess who's handwriting it was, but the penmanship was unrecognisable.
Shocked, he slowly opened the paper and read its contents.
I'd run to you, at 2am, in the pouring rain, 30 degrees Fahrenheit (-5 degrees Celsius), on a school night. The only reason I don't is because you haven't asked.
As the boy stood straight, staring at the paper,Nezuko hid behind the lockers, hoping that Muichiro wouldn't see her there. After a while of observing (stalking) she quietly went away.
After a long day, Muichiro and Nezuko decided to go stargazing that night. They went up a hill near the practice field. It was chilly that night, and everything was at peace.
They sat down at the top and stared at star-studded sky. There was a big variety of stars, big and small. Most were twinkling, some just suspended in the dark night sky.
Muichiro noticed that from when they were going up the hill until now, they still haven't talked to each other.
He turned to face her to start a conversation, but saw her staring at the sky very intently, as if she's looking for something in the stars. He heard her mutter incoherent words every now and then.
Not long after, he finally mustered up the courage to ask, "What are you doing?"
Nezuko smiled and a small pink dust covered her cheeks, but she didn't look at Muichiro .
"I'm matching all the stars with each reason I love you." she replied.
Muichiro blushed, but Nezuko didn't see it due to her reason-matching.
Muichiro was also dumbfounded with what she said, but he just resolved with thinking that what she meant was why she loved him as a friend. He smiled and looked up again.
"T-Thanks, Nezuko ." Muichiro thanked her.
A soft breeze brushed past them. After a few minutes he heard her whisper an 'oh no!'
Muichiro looked at her and asked "What? What's wrong Nezuko ?"
From Muichiro's perspective, he saw Nezuko's expression turn into one of mock disappointment.
"I ran out of stars..." she replied, still not looking at him. Muichiro gave her a small nudge to her arm.
She moved closer to him, hugged his arm, lay down and continued to stare at the night sky.
And there they were, laying under the stars