Chapter 17

───────✧❁✧───────

───────✧❁✧───────

The car was driving along the road at a high speed. It was already getting dark and the lampposts lighted the way.

Namjoon drove the car, keeping a calm gaze on the road. Seokjin, on the other hand, was the opposite of calm. His hands were shaking and his eyes became teary.

Noticing this Namjoon put his hand on Seokjin's thigh. "It's going to be okay. Don't worry so much, okay?" Namjoon tried to calm Seokjin down.

Seokjin looked at Namjoon and saw his broad smile revealing his dimbles. Seokjin managed a cautious smile.

Even though Namjoon tried to calm him down, Seokjin couldn't stop thinking about his daughter. He had no idea what had happened. And when Taehyung immediately said he'd take her to the hospital, it must mean something really bad had hapend to her.

"We are almost there." Namjoon's calm voice brought Seokjin out of his thoughts. Seokjin looked in front of him and saw the signs of the entrance of the hospital slowly coming closer.

Skilfully parking the car in the almost full parking place they came to a stop. Seokjin immediately tried to open the door to go to his daughter. But Namjoon grabbed his hand. 

"Try to stay calm and take deep breaths, good luck." Namjoon let his hand go.

"Thank you!" Seokjin yelled when he ran out of the car to the entrance of the hospital. But in his rush he didn't hear Namjoon calling him.

"Which room is Kim Areum in?" Seokjin asked the receptionists completely breathless from running. 

"Are you family?" The woman asked him. "I'm her mother." Seokjin said. "Okay let me look it up for you dear." The woman smiled at him. "She is in room 473, that's on the 4th floor and when you exit the elevator you go right." 

"Thank you!" Seokjin smiles back.

He walked towards the light and the doors opened in front of him. Pressing the button on the fourth floor, he felt his heart rate and tension rise. The elevator doors opened again and Seokjin took the first corridor to the right. 

Looking around, he soon saw the sign for Areum's room. Taehyung stood outside the room and waved when he saw his brother approaching.

"I came as fast as I could. Where is she can I see her?" Seokjin said. "Calm down brother I known you stressed but Areum doesn't like seeing her Eomma all stressed and depressed." Taehyung puts his arms around his brother.

"What hapend to her?" Seokjin hugged Taehyung. "The doctor will inform you in a few minutes and Areum is asleep." While Taehyung said that the doctor walked towards their direction.

"I'm Dr. Kang, you must be Areum's mother." The doctor shook Seokjin's hand. "Yeah that would be nice."

"Well she had a bit of a fall from the stairs but the shock was bigger then her injuries." Seokjin let out a relieved breath when he heard that. "She has a broken arm and we already put her arm in a cast. She also has a light concussion but that won't cause her a lot of pain. You will just have to come back in a few weeks for a check up and when the cast can be removed." The doctor finished.

"Thank you doctor." Seokjin bowed. "Now let's go see her." Taehyung grabbed Seokjin's hand and lead them into Areum's room.

Seokjin saw his daughter lying there. A tube was attached to her wrist and her arm was covered in a pink cast. A tear slipped down his face seeing his daughter like that.

"M-Mommy?" Jin heard the voice of his little angel as he saw her eyes slightly open. "Hi baby." Jin rushed to her side giving her a kiss on the forehead.

"How are you feeling?" Jin caress Areum's cheek. "When fell I felt auchie!" Areum pouted. "But now the doctor healed you and your all better." Jin gave her another kiss. "Yess!" She smiled.

And there Seokjin was in the hospital with his daughter. He had settled into the bed and Areum was sleeping on his lap. Taehyung had gone to get coffee and something to eat for Seokjin because it was already evening.

The door was opened softly a moment later. Seokjin thought it was Taehyung returning from the restaurant.

"Seokjin?" He heard a voice that did not resemble Taehyung's. Looking at the door, he was shocked to see Namjoon standing there.

"N-Namjoon! What are you doing here?" Seokjin asked surprised. 

"You left so quickly that you forgot your phone in my car. I tried to call you but you left too quickly. Then the receptionists made it difficult that I was not related, but after a good conversation I managed to convince her to give me the room number and then- oh who is this?" Namjoon stopped his story and looked at the little girl on Seokjin's lap.

Seokjin's face went completely red when Namjoon asked him that. What was he supposed to tell him, that he got pregnant when he was in high school. No way! Enough people had left him because of that.

"Seokjin I also got something for my little niece." Taehyung then barged into the room showing a big pink teddy bear. "Oh." Taehyung stopped realizing the situation.

"She's your niece?" Namjoon asked confused. "Uhhhh." Taehyung looked at Seokjin. Realizing that Seokjin would never tell it and would always hide his daughter from his friends Taehyung spoke.

"Yes she's my niece and the best one on the planet." Taehyung smiled proud of his action. He knew Namjoon wouldn't do the same as Seokjin's old friends. Namjoon was different.

Taehyung then stared at Seokjin hoping he would say something.

"This is Areum my daughter." Seokjin broke the silence.