Intervention

1st Person Tony

"-I'm on the highway to hell! Highway to hell!-" blasted the speakers as I worked on my latest project. I'm surprised I hadn't suffered from hearing loss at this point the music was so loud, I knew that Clint wasn't as fortunate.

Clint. I missed him. He was one of the more tolerable avengers. Like Natasha once said, "Pretending to need this guy really brings the team together."

Oh and there we go again. Thinking about emotions. Better get back to the project before I actually start feeling them.

It was actually a new web combination for the kid's suit, provided she had finished the basic skills in her suit which I hadn't been notified that she had.

I was getting regular updates on her whilst keeping myself and Happy and all other associates at a safe distance. I received nightly reports on Spider-Man's activities, along with Happy summarising the voice messages that she so helpfully left.

In all fairness, Happy's job wasn't exactly easy. Not hard either but let's just say the voice messages weren't exactly the most interesting thing a person has ever heard. Not to a grown man with no real association with the teen.

I myself, actually enjoyed hearing how the kid was doing, not that I would ever admit it of course. Sure I didn't need to know every time she helped an old lady cross the street but it was nice to know that she was sticking to her level, staying safe. It was nice to hear that the only troubles in her life were small petty arguments with friends.

Of course the arguments seemed big to her but if they were her biggest worries, as every teens worries are filled with, then I was doing my job right.

She was living a relatively normal life.

That's the best I could wish for, for a super-enhanced, spidey teen with no sense of self preservation.

Anyways it was an average day, working my anxiety away in the lab, hiding from any form of human contact. Panic attacks were frequent and anything could trigger one at the moment.

It could range from a little difficulty in breathing to a full scale, on the floor shaking, gasping for air, type attack. Just the luck of the draw really.

The triggers were just as unpredictable, from small phrases reminding me of the rouge group, to things as minute as the way someone laughed, a place on the sofa that someone used to hog, the smell of certain foods that used to fill the tower.

To sum it up, a panic attack could strike at any time and any place with no warning. Half the time I didn't even know what caused them, my subconscious noticing things that hadn't even occurred to my waking mind.

Like I said, it was a pretty average day and as JARVIS (A/N I realised the other day that JARVIS was destroyed by civil war but were just gonna pretend he wasn't because I love JARVIS so much.) had helpfully reminded me, Happy was due any moment with his weekly report.

As if the mere thought of the man's name could summon him, there he appeared, standing at the door looking as unamused as ever, arms crossed and foot tapping impatiently on the floor.

He started to speak but all I could see was his mouth aimlessly moving. Once he had stopped his silent rant, I pointed to my ear, laughing and miming how I couldn't hear him. He opened his mouth to speak again and then remembered it would be futile and instead readjusted his stance to project his sense of annoyance.

He then raised a singular eyebrow, doing his best to look intimidating.

Eventually I had enough of watching his struggle and crossed the room and punched in the code to the door.