Spooktober Mark XXXI

Stillness I have 15 minutes to get this done before it turns 2023.

The cabin was still.

It was beautiful.

Truly beautiful.

Tony Stark was not nostalgic.

He was not sentimental in the slightest.

But this?

This he could live with.

Either side of him lay his two girls, one 5 and the other 17.

17.

5 years had passed and she was still 17.

He shook his head slightly, clearing the ugly thoughts from his mind, determined to enjoy the silence and serenity of the moment.

On his right laid Morgan, his five year old, curled into her mother's side who lay fast asleep next to her.

On his left laid Penny, his eldest not by blood but by love all the same, curled into him in the same way that Morgan did to her mother.

They all relaxed on the sofa, the aftermath of a happy movie night, all completely exhausted.

Tony was the only one awake and he looked around at his family, grateful for everything he had managed to get out of life.

Penny tightened her grip of his t-shirt, smiling contentedly.

He smiled, his smile mirroring hers as she had picked up certain quirks from him, as he imagined what she was dreaming of.

It meant more than anything to him that she was so peaceful when asleep, a complete contrast to just a few nights ago when her nights were disturbed with constant nightmares.

He combed a hand through her hair gently and decided that it was now or never.

He had to tell her.

It was no use denying it any longer, she lived with him and his family for most of the time as May worked.

He took advantage of everyone being asleep. It didn't matter whether she heard it or not, at least he could say he had said it if he never got this sort of opportunity again.

"I love you kiddo." He whispered, a smile lighting up his face.

She stirred and mumbled back, "I love you too Tony."

His heart skipped a beat in shock but quickly recovered.

He had so much time to be awkward and nervous about this sort of thing.

He had her graduation to worry about this sort of thing. Her wedding day. All sorts of important events.

But right now.

Everything was still.

Everything was calm.

It was okay.

He could rest now.

IM SO SORRY THIS HAS BEEN RUSHED IVE BEEN TRYING TO GET 3 CHAPTERS FINISHED IN ABOUT 40 MINUTES BEFORE NEW YEAR. HAPPY NEW YEAR PEOPLES. I LOVE YOU ALL 3000!!!! - Ziggy <3

🔵