Movie night

Movie night was always a special time for the Avengers.

It always brought them closer together after a long week of arguments and lack of communication and contact due to day long missions. You slept where you could and when you could, no time for social gatherings and meals together.

They were in the process of storming hydra bases all over the country, so missions were long, exhausting, painful and left everyone very on edge. They had never had so much work at once.

So, after Steve noticed how distant and argumentative the team was becoming due to the clear lack of sleep and short tempers due to stressful missions, he called for a weekly night, where they would play games, watch movies, eat snacks, have a family meal all together.

Everyone reluctantly agreed, knowing that meeting every week was going to be a fantasy and the reality would be maybe having a few precious minutes together every fortnight, but agreed nonetheless in order to stop Steve from nagging about team morality.

So it was that time of the week, a Friday night, Tony had just returned from his share of duties for that week along with Rhodey, Clint and Nat, whilst Bucky, Sam and Steve were taking the opportunity to just relax before they set out for their share of the mission the next night.

And the kid was home from school so it was really perfect.

The closest to perfect that the dysfunctional family could get.

First, the night starts off with preparing the food. Most would do this in advance but the team cooking together at the same time? Well that was just enough chaos to lighten the mood of the stressful time so they all did it when they got home.

"Birdbrain chuck us the popcorn!" yelled Tony, over the insane volume of the clattering pots, pans and teammates.

Everyone was busying themselves, yes getting in each others ways and maybe making snarky remarks to get out the way but all together it was a great atmosphere.

Clint however was making himself at home...on top of the fridge.

"Get Steve to do it." He replied, mouth already full of pizza whilst Nat readied herself with a bowl of pre-made popcorn, aiming for Clint's mouth as she chucked it up for him to catch.

Tony rolled his eyes but smiled one of his rare smirks, yes these people were weird, but they were his people.

And any minute. Any minute one of his favourite people on the planet would walk through that door.

He couldn't believe he even had favourite people, just years ago he would've recoiled at even the thought of having people relying on him let alone having a family.

They were setting up Monopoly when the door burst open.

A snow covered Penny Parker ran inside, shivering and wrapped up from head to toe in hats and scarves.

"It-It's snowing!" She gasped, smiling so bright that it made the snow look grey, how someone could be so happy when their teeth were chattering like a wound up toy was beyond him.

"Jesus kid," Tony sighed with a laugh, walking over to give her a hug then thinking better of it.

"Heyyy!" She pouted, arms already stretched out expecting a hug.

"Sorry bud but I do not fancy getting soaked by all the snow that is quickly melting on you. Come on, let's get you a nice hot shower and then you can join us for Monopoly."