Two: Karaoke night

Hey guys, do you prefer for me to update one chapter at a time or 5 chapters or something like that? If you guys would like to comment pls do I like reading those ;) okay back to the story.
----------

Kai messaged me if I wanted to go to a karaokebar tonight. I don't know why because we have never really spoken each other out of work. But I don't have anything to do today and we're practically workbesties so why not? He's picking me up at seven so that means I have one and a half hour to get myself ready. Okay first a shower then brushing my teeth then putting on my clothes and some make-up. That's honestly the only acceptable order. I listen to some ABBA as I take a shower. I think I'm going to wear my black sparkly dress which I got from my sister. Once I'm out of the shower I put on my dress and now I only have to do my make-up yet. I decide on a glittery eyeshadow with mascara and a good red lipstick. The bell rings as I just finished my make-up look. 'I'm coming', I yell downstairs. I grab my favorite purse and rush downstairs. He stands there in his black suit with a bowtie. 'You look pretty' he says with a smile. 'You don't look so bad yourself' I replied. 'Since when do you even wear bowties?' He laughed 'I got it from my little brother and he insisted I had to wear it today. So who am I to refuse the advice of such a fashion expert.' 'Well he's right it looks adorable.' We take some pictures and we jump on our bikes to cycle to the bar.

The big neon letters spell The singing dutchman. This must be the karaokebar. I follow Kai inside and it looks absolutely beautifull. The whole bar is 80's themed with blue pink walls, a discoball and waiters on rollerskates. 'Since when is this here located? I have never seen it before.' 'I didn't either, I heard it from a cousin of mine.' Kai said while he shrugged his shoulders. We sit down in a dinnerbooth and order a Eazy Boozy Bailey. 'That sounds so much like a tonguebreaker.' I say 'Yeah it does.' Kai says 'wait let me try it Eazy Boozy Bailey, Eazy Boozy Bailey, Eazy Boozy Bailey, Ozzie Bozzy Bailey.' I giggle with laughter and when Kai looks at me he also bursts into laughter. Everyone is looking at us but that makes it even worse. 'You laugh just like a seal', Kai says with his whole face red with laughter. I want to defend myself but I can't even get words out of my mouth right now. As the waiter came to hand our milkshakes we finally had calmed enough to thank her.

I take a sip and it's delicious. It tastes like vanilla icecream with a hint of coffee and Bailey's. We talk a little about work but then we move on to the deeper stuff like what we're going to sing on the podium. We decide to sing Hips don't lie by Shakira. 'You know what could be fun?' Kai asked mysteriously. 'I don't know, surprise me.' I said with a wink. Kai makes a drumroll with his hand 'we can do the macarena while singing.' 'You seriously want to be even more embarassed then you already are?' 'Yes, I am.' 'Okay then, If someone sees this and I know that person it's your fault.' I said with confidence. 'Okay pinky promise.' 'Pinky promise.'

At the bar we drink 4 shots to get ourselves some courage for what was about to happen. The disk jockey gestured that it was our turn. 'Okay who's ready for some swinging moves from Shakira, here are Ellis and Kai with Hips don't lie. Make some noise!' The music starts and we sing our hearts out.

Oh, baby, when you talk like that
You make a woman go mad
So be wise (sí) and keep on (sí)
Reading the signs of my body (uno, dos, tres, cuatro)
I'm on tonight
You know my hips don't lie (no fighting)
And I'm starting to feel it's right
All the attraction, the tension
Don't you see, baby, this is perfection?
Hey, girl, I can see your body moving
And it's driving me crazy
And I didn't have the slightest idea
Until I saw you dancing (yeah)
And when you walk up on the dance floor
Nobody cannot ignore the way you move your body, girl (just move)
And everything so unexpected, the way you right and left it
So you can keep on shaking it (let's go)
I never really knew that she could dance like this
She make a man wants to speak Spanish
¿Cómo se llama? (Sí), bonita (sí)
Mi casa, su casa (Shakira, Shakira)
Oh, baby, when you talk like that
You make a woman go mad
So be wise (sí) and keep on (sí)
Reading the signs of my body (no fighting)

Kai starts twerking and the crowd goes wild. I try to finish the song but it's hopeless I fall to the ground from laughing. Kai looks at me for a second to make sure I'm okay but when he sees I'm okay he continues. After the last lyrics move out from the screen we get off the podium. 'Why were you even doing that?' I laughed 'sometimes you just got to give the audience what they want.' 'Omg' He's such a dork. We danced for a bit until the bar closed down. And then we both went home.

----------
I don't really like this short chapter but now I have a feeling where I want to go with the story😊