Eight: Will I or won't I

Hey everyone! Short message for the story. I added a little bit of text of the last chapter. To summarize Ellis is going to her parents to set her head straight and make a descision. Okay that's it.

I walk up to the door with my bags and my mom opens up. Her eyes widen and she gives me a hug 'that's a nice surpise! I really didn't expect you right now.' 'Nothing happened right?' 'No everything is fine', I assure her 'I just wanted to come and see you guys.' We walk into the livingroom and my dad and my little sister Ivy. They walk up to me and together we have a heartwarming group hug. I missed them so much over the summer. 'You have grown so much Ivy!' I say as I look at my little sister. She's 14 and she's almost as tall as I am right now. 'Next year I'll be taller than you,' she said laughing. 'We'll see about that,' I tease back at her. As we sit down to drink some tea, Bobba, my dog wakes up from her nap. The labrador sees me and jumps on me because she's so excited to see me.

We kept talking for so long that it' was already 6pm when I glanced at the clock. Mom stood up and said 'I don't know if you mind but me and dad are having datenight tonight. So you'll be alone with Ivy for the evening. But if you mind we can skip.' 'It's fine have fun!' Mom comes downstairs with a beautiful blue dress and dad came down in suit and tie. They look absolutely beautiful.
'If you need us you can give us a call!', she said while walking through the door. 'Okay mom, we will be fine!'

'Since mom and dad are away... maybe we can have a girl's night? With beautymasks, pizza, and a movie?,' Ivy said with enthusias. 'I think that's a damn good plan!' We put on our comfiest pajama's and the singalong playlist on. Miley Cyrus with Party in the USA was the first one. We sing along the hardest we can and we dance like there's no tomorrow.

So I put my hands up
They're playin' my song, the butterflies fly away
I'm noddin' my head like, "Yeah"
Movin' my hips like, "Yeah"
Got my hands up, they're playing my song
I know I'm gonna be okay
Yeah, it's a party in the U.S.A.

After a while we were absolutely exhausted. And just like that the delivery guy was here. 'I'm not going,' said Ivy stubborn. 'You're my older sister, you should do it.' I am covered in sweat and little pieces of hair stick out of my ponytail. I really don't want to do it, but when Ivy says she's not doing something, she is not going to. I open up my door and see a cute boy from my age with black curls and brown eyes. He stares at me and gives me the pizza's. I paid him and walked into the livingroom. 'He was cute,' said Ivy while peeking through the window 'A shame you looked like a racoon.' 'I didn't want this, I had to go out looking like this because of you.' We both end up laughing.

I take a sip of my water and Ivy says 'But, how is the datinglife going?' I burst out in laughing and the water sprays over her. 'Not much honestly' I say 'Do you like someone?' I tease. She blushes 'Maybe?' 'Oooh I got to know tell me!' 'Nooo' 'If you don't I need to tickle you.' She kept still. 'I guess you leave me no choice.' I got closer and tickled her on her belly. She burst out laughing 'It's a girl named Julia.' 'Oooh is she cute?' 'Yeah she is.' She shows me a picture of a girl smiling with blonde hair with a few colored streaks in them. 'Do you know if she likes you?' 'I don't yet but we decided to get some milkshakes together. With just us two.' 'That's so cute, let me know how it goes!'

__
After throwing out the pizzaboxes, we put on our beautymasks and some curls in our hairs. When we sat down we got some snacks and decided on the movie fairytopia from barbie to have some nostalgia. Just before I wanted to start the movie, Ivy said something with a serious tone 'Ellis can I ask you something?'

'Yes of course! What's the matter?'

'I think mom and dad are in money problems.'

'Why do you think that?'

'A few days ago I wanted to get a glass of water from downstairs but I heard mom crying and I heard dad say that we have to try to get some money to be able to stay in this house. I eavesdropped and I know that I shouldn't do it. But I was just curious. I feel so guilty.

I hugged her and she was crying softly. 'I just want to help them but I don't know how. What if it's my fault? What if I didn't ask for an expensive phone?' 'It's not your fault. Maybe you just heard it wrong. And if not, it's not your responsibility.' 'Okay.' We kept hugging and after Ivy calmed down. We watched the movie.

Ivy went to bed and my head keeps spinning. Seeing my sister cry hurts me deeply. I'm kind of dissappointed that mom and dad didn't even want to ask for help. I would have tried so much to help them even though I don't have much myself. I don't know for sure if this is true. Maybe Ivy just heard it wrong. I will confront mom and dad about it tomorrow.

Happy new year everyone!! It feels so surrreal that it's already 2023. In my head it's still 2018 ;) I wish everyone a good year in good health. My activity on wattpad is so different each time and writer's block hit so hard over the holidays and I was incredibly busy with school. But there's a new chapter! Honestly, I always forget what happens in this book ;) but hope y'all enjoyed and see you next chapter!