fifty one

51|PLAY DATE

Marigold sat beside the back door to driveway, watching the boys playing basketball while Eric explained his parents situation to Donna.

"I can't believe they're having a baby." Donna gasped with surprise, happy for Kitty.

"I can't believe they're still having sex." Eric said in shock. "I mean, my dad's back goes out if you look at him wrong."

"That's why she was probably on top." Hyde commented, putting a horrible image in their heads.

"That was not an image I wanted in my head." Goldie glanced at Hyde with disgust, trying to erase the image.

"Thanks Hyde." Eric stated sarcastically, nodding his head slowly. "You just killed a part of me."

"Yeah, that's why you gotta put on your rain coat." Kelso recited his knowledge of preventing pregnancy. "Every damn time. But, except for the first time. Free pass!"

"Oh, Kelso, that's just a myth." Fez informed the boy, glancing at Hyde for confirmation. "You're only safe if you do it under water, right Hyde?"

"That's right buddy." Hyde answered, not paying much attention as he fixed his watch.

"Oops, oh, a little help." Kelso dropped the basketball, gesturing to Donna to help pick it up. All the boys cheered as she bent over slightly in her new uniform.

"Catch this, tool." She threw the basketball into the back garden earning an appluad from Goldie.

"What was that for?"

"You keep dropping the ball." Donna snapped, growing annoyed with the boys excuse to see her bend over.

"So I'm a butter fingers. Isn't that punishment enough?" Kelso argued back, frustrated with her accusations. "Now look, the balls all the way there in the backyard. Little help, Donna?"

Donna punched him in reply, causing the boy to storm off into the back garden to grab the ball. Goldie slowly stood up and wandered over to Eric, silently standing beside him as Jackie skipped up to the group.

"Steven, I had fun last night." Jackie grinned at the boy, not noticing Kelso walking back over.

"You had fun doing what?" He asked curiously, this interaction interesting Goldie.

"Huh?" The short girl spun around quickly, noticing her ex-boyfriend suddenly behind her. "Hey, Michael. Um, I went to the movies. Right, Donna?"

"Oh, um, I don't know." Donna replied, growing bored of all the lying. "I was with Eric all night. But I'm really interest in this movie, why don't you tell us all about it."

"Donna." Jackie raised a brow, begging the girl to play along. "Fine. You know the new movie staring that big red whore?"

"Oh, you mean the one where the big red whore is sick of people keeping secrets?" Donna played along causing Goldie to snort in surprise.

"No, the one with the big red whore keeps sticking her big red nose in places where it doesn't belong." Jackie snapped back harshly.

"Hey, watch what you say about the big red whore." Eric jumped in, defending Donna before the argument got too heated.

"Thank you, Eric." Fez grumbled in annoyance. "What did Sissy Spacek ever do to any of you?"

"Way to go guys. You know how he feels about Sissy." Kelso sighed at the group, following after Fez as he stormed off. "Fez, wait!"

"Donna, what is with you?" Jackie snapped her attention back to the ginger girl. "And Goldie, you saw I needed help and yet you stayed quiet."

"God, someone hurry up and pacify her. She's getting on my nerves." Goldie snapped, growing tired of Jackie's constant whining. "Where is her binky? I can't stand her constant whining."

The group turned to look at Marigold with shock, not knowing what to say after her exclamation. Jackie glared at Goldie, her mouth fallen open with shock as she remained speechless.

"Loving her must be so tiring." She chuckled darkly to Hyde before shaking her head and walking down the driveway, ignoring the mumbles of the others.

"What the hell was that?" Hyde yelled, following her down the driveway to defend his girlfriend, confused by her sudden hostility.

"Drop it, Hyde." Goldie warned him, stopping by her car to turn and face the boy.

"No, I won't drop it." He argued back to her, stopping in front of her, trapping her between her car and his body. "What the hell happened in California? You come back and you're suddenly a bitch. I get that you're mad at me but we've both moved on. Is this because Forman said you still love me?"

"I don't give a fuck about you." She laughed, suddenly realising what he was trying to do. "Eric is full of shit for thinking that and actually telling you. I'm not a bitch. I'm a girl who had her heart broken by a pathetic nobody. I haven't changed, I'm just done being a play date to you."

Marigold placed her hands on his chest and pushed him away before stepping into her car, Led Zeppelin booming from the speakers as she sped out the driveway and away from the distraught boy.