fifty six

56|JEALOUSLY JEALOUSY

Marigold rolled her eyes as she wandered down to the basement, only finding Kelso sat reading a book. She wandered over to him, standing in front of the distracted boy.

"Do my eyes deceive me or is Michael Kelso really reading a book?" She stated with sarcastic amusement, a playful grin on her lips.

"Why?" Kelso closed the book and looked up at the girl with a smirk. "Suddenly find me undeniably sexy?"

"We are not hooking up." Goldie instantly shot him down, refusing to fall for his act. She crossed her arms over her chest, eyes focused on his as she raised a brow, waiting for him to try again.

"Seriously?" He groaned with annoyance before meeting her stare, a cocky smile on his lips. "How about just a kiss?"

"No, Kelso."

"Boob grab?"

"Seriously, Kelso?" Goldie chuckled lightly at his desperation. "No."

"Sit on my lap?" He tried again, eyes filled with determination as he patted his thighs, refusing to back down.

"You're not giving up, are you?"

"Not till you sit on my lap."

"Fine." Marigold rolled her eyes once more at the grinning boy and sat on his lap, resting her head against his as he went back to reading.

"What the hell are you two doing?" Hyde snapped as he walked out of his room, spotting the pair cuddled up while reading a book.

"Solving world hungry." She glanced over at the boy and raised a brow. "What does it look like?"

"That you're sat on Kelso's lap."

"We're reading." Kelso stated cluelessly, gesturing to the book in his hands. Her lips curled into a devious smirk, hand running up Kelso's chest and resting on his shoulder.

"Why? Are you jealous?" Her words were harsh but dripping with sickly sweet honey, eyes sharp and pointed as she stared him down.

"Ye- no." He saved himself, grabbing a magazine and throwing himself into his usual chair. "I'm with Jackie. I don't care."

"Why are you sat on Kelso's lap?" Eric questioned slowly as he wandered down the stairs into the basement. He stopped on the bottom step, noticing the tension in the room. "Nevermind."

"What are you looking for?" Goldie noticed her cousin digging through boxes.

"We can cuddle more later." She pressed her lips against his cheek, hand stroking his shoulder. Her lips curled into a smirk as she heard Hyde scrunch up his magazine and throw it down on the table.

"I don't understand." Eric sighed with frustration as he turned to face his cousin. "How could I lose a twenty-five pound ring?"

"I once lost a six-foot-long rubber chilli dog." Kelso added unhelpfully. "And I still haven't found it. It's just gone!"

"This is what you're replacing me with?" Hyde whispered to Goldie, raising his brow at her as she winked back her reply.

"You know what, Hyde? This is all your fault." Eric snapped at his friend as he climbed over the sofa, sitting beside Goldie. "You're the one who told Jackie I didn't like the ring."

"I told you to pacy her." Goldie stated in a sing-song voice, grinning widely at the boy.

"Hyde stabbed you in the back?" Kelso said sarcastically. "No. He wouldn't do anything like that. Like he didn't steal Jackie from me. Oh, wait a minute!"

Marigold leaned over with her hand raised, Kelso instantly slapping his palm against hers happily. She sat back against the sofa smugly, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Look, man, I told her not to tell." Hyde defended himself weakly.

"Yeah, and I told you not to tell."

"You and Jackie are gossiping now?" Kelso closed his book, looking at Hyde with amusement. "You know, the more you two go out, the more like each other you get."

"Yeah. Who knows what you and your little girlfriend are gonna be like in a couple months." Eric pointed his finger accusingly at Hyde.

"First of all, Jackie is not my girlfriend." Hyde brushed off Eric's statement, startling Goldie when she realised they were not officially dating. "And second of all, I'm not the only one who spills stuff around here."

"Yeah, you're right." He paused briefly before spilling a secret. "Hey, Kelso. Hyde watches 'Little House on the Prairie'."

"Little House on the Prairie?" Kelso giggled to himself.

"It reminds me of a simpler time."

Marigold rolled her eyes at the boys and left them to talk in the basement, going to the living room and sitting back in the yellow sofa. She breathed out heavily, holding her hand over her heart as she felt her chest tighten.

"Mars?" Hyde wandered into the living room, spotting Marigold curled up on the sofa with a distant look on her face. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Steven." Goldie stated with a shaky breath, looking up at the boy as he instantly sat beside her, his eyes blood shot from a circle. "I just couldn't get to my room in time."

Hyde remained silent, hesitantly reaching his hand out and placing it on top of hers, squeezing it tight as he stayed with her. He stared at the wall, giving her privacy as she waited for her panic attack to calm down. She lifted her pinky, lacing it over his to show her gratitude.