eighteen

18|CHRISTMAS FINAL

"Oh. Well, if it isn't the dillholes of Christmas past, present and future." Eric greeted them as they met on the driveway. Leo and Pastor Dave tagging along with the group of teenagers.

"We came to talk to you about the pageant. Dave said he'll un-fire you." Donna informed him, speaking for the group.

"'Cause I'm cool." Pastor Dave said too excitedly.

"And we'll do the pageant however you want." She continued, ignoring the Pastors remark.

"Yeah, I set them straight, man." Leo added with a straight face.

"Look, Forman, just come on back, all right?" Hyde pushed his way forwards to talk to his friend.

"Yeah. It'll be fun."

"Yeah. We can all be together." Marigold smiled with a shrug, quickly glancing around at everyone. "I mean, it's Christmas, you know."

"Plus, we got you a present." Donna lifted the big blue bag with a sing song voice.

"Oh, man." Eric said as he peeked inside the bag and took out the box. "A cassette deck. You guys, thanks."

"So, you'll come back?" Everyone waited excitedly for the answer, already knowing that Eric Forman could not say no after that.

"Yeah, okay." He nodded, looking down at his cassette player joyfully.

"Oh. Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown." Fez cheered causing everyone to send him a strange look. Then all the Christmas lights suddenly turned on, lighting up the driveway.

"Hey. Those decorations aren't half bad." Red smiled as he and Kitty, who was holding a plate of cookies, joined them all in the driveway.

"Look, it's snowing." Jackie squealed excitedly, still being piggy backed by her boyfriend.

"Yeah, I hooked up the snow machine." Bob ran over and joined everyone. "Don't nobody smile though. This stuff might be toxic."

"This is beautiful." Marigold hummed, cuddling into Hydes side as he wrapped an arm around her waist and held her close.

"Not as beautiful as you."

"That was cheesy." The pair laughed to themselves as they enjoyed each ithers company.

"Oh. A tape player. Didn't know you wanted one of those." Kitty chuckled as she saw the box in her sons hands.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Eric said to Donna as he opened up the box to look at the player.

"Hey, Steven. Fix that light up there, will you?" Red pointed to the light above the couples head.

"How's that?" Hyde asked after climbing up the ladder and fixing the large star light.

~•~

Marigold sighed heavily as she stood in the background of the pageant, a fake smile on her lips as she tried to seem like a pure angel.

"Behold! The Virgin has given birth." Fez said his line while standing beside the plastic baby, Hyde dressed as Joseph beside him and Jackie kneeling beside the manger.

"Isn't he cute?" Jackie said, hands in prayer as she stared down at the baby, her smile mirroring Goldies. "He's got my eyes."

"And my hair." Hyde stated in a deep voice, gesturing to his frizzy locks.

"Hark, we come bearing gifts." Donna waltzed on to the stage, dressed as one of the Wise Men with Pastor Dave behind her.

"Gifts from space." Kelso ran on to the stage with an astronaut helmet. Marigold hide her laugh with a fake cough, her hand hiding the giant grin on her lips.

"Kelso." Her cousin stormed on to the stage and ripped the helmet off the boy.

"No! Earth air! Toxic! Choking!" He coughed dramatically and collapsed to the ground, faking his death.

"It's a Christmas miracle!" Goldie cheered, stepping forwards to quickly end the show before she started crying with laughter. "Thank you and good night.".

"God bless us, everyone!" Fez yelled as the crowd awkwardly clapped.

"So, where to next?" Hyde wrapped his arm around his girlfriend and dragged her off stage, back to the small room they were using as a dressing room.

"My room so I can give you your Christmas present?" Marigold suggested, happily letting him help her put her coat on.

"And I can give you yours?" The pair waved good bye to their friends before hopping into her car. Goldie sat cross legged on her bed and waited for Hyde to join her with her present.

"Close your eyes." He teased while opening her door. When he saw her eyes flutter shut he fully entered the room and shut the door gently behind him.

"What did you just put on my lap?" She laughed, opening her eyes and spotting the large box on her lap. He answered her question with a smirk causing her to open it. "Steven Hyde I'm about to marry you."

"Thank you." Marigold pulled out the sweatshirt, his shirts, and a few books she mentioned she use to read when younger. Finally her hand stopped on a velvet box.

"What is this?" She pulled the ring box out and slowly opened it, gasping when she saw the silver ring, three large diamonds in the middle. "When I mentioned marriage I was joking."

"It's for your middle finger, I saw it and thought of you." Hyde shrugged, sitting down and taking the ring out her hand, placing it on her middle finger. "Man, this is starting to feel like an engagement."

"I wouldn't mind that." Goldie chuckled, grabbing the back of her neck and kissing his lips slowly. "Thank you, Steven. I really love it."

"I, uh, shit man. This is harder than I thought." He laughed to himself, leaning his head on her shoulder. "I love you."

"I love you too." They kissed again, more passionately this time as she dragged him back so they were laying on her bed, him hovering over her body.

"Wait, I want my present first." He pulled back and sat on the edge of the bed, grinning as she pulled a box out from under her bed.

"Merry Christmas, baby." Hyde eagerly ripped off the wrapping and grinned when he pulled out a brown bag, peeking in at the contents. "Straight from Cali."

"You're the best!" He pulled out a few new shirts, vinyl and a few bits and bobs. "Merry Christmas, jelly bean."

This is the ring