Foreword

Hello :D

So, I'm writing a fanfic of Genshin Impact (x Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice). Since I know the fandom of Genshin Impact quite well and I don't know who will read this book and I don't want to blow up in this minefield, I want to begin with some disclaimers and general information. 

This is a work of fiction and has the only purpose to entertain the people who read this. I don't get any form of payment for this besides possible votes which have no material value. All rights go to their respective owners.

Why am I writing this story?

First, a friend of mine asked me to write one. Second, I recently played Sekiro a bit and thought it would be cool. Third, another user @keishirogane08 who has written several Genshin Impact stories about the Inazuma girls that are too good to miss them out, he also inspired me to write this. Fourth, I think that the thematic of Immortality of Sekiro is somewhat similar to Ei's thematic of "Eternity". 

Now some information about the story, as I already have read several good and bad fanfics of Genshin Impact and so I want to make it easier for you to decide if this story is worth your time or not because it could include things that you don't like or not interested in.

This story contains 50% Genshin Impact (Act II: Omnipresence Over Mortals), 40% Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, 8% headcanon changes, and 2% JoJo references and memes (the DNA of the soul).  

This story has a male (OC) protagonist (sorry for everyone who wanted another female protagonist story in the sea of female reader stories on this platform, but maybe in the future). 

This story is mainly dedicated to Ei (of course the other girls will get some love too).

Since this story includes several things from Sekiro, everything will be explained enough to understand it in the context of this story. It is not necessary to know the story of the game or to have played Sekiro (but it's recommended as it is really a good game).

Some things in this story will be adjusted as the main focus is interesting storytelling and not retelling the main quest of Act II of Genshin Impact while having an OC inserted. So don't be surprised when the story differs from the original story of the game. 

Lastly, an overall warning, this story will probably not be like many others, as for example, I like to use a protagonist who isn't the perfectly good guy who mindlessly helps every person he comes across and is happy friends with everyone. 

Okay, that was everything. Have fun reading this story :D