Chapter 2: A strange meeting

Early in the morning, Shura examined the axe he retrieved last day. Melancholic, he gazed at the blade and then at his prosthetic arm, remembering the original wielder of the weapon and creator of his arm. As he was deep in his thoughts, a female voice called his name. Letting out a long sigh, Shura quickly placed the axe on a  soft pillow on a shelf in the extension of his private room before closing the hidden Shinobi door. As the door to his room opened and the Shirasagi Himegime stepped into it, only to see Shura standing suspiciously unsuspicious in the middle of his room. 

"Good morning, Shura", Ayaka greeted as politely as ever.

"Good morning", he greeted back, "did something happen?"

"Oh no, I just want to tell you that Thoma has left for his mission in Ritou", the young girl said rather happily.

"Why? Is it because of the Kanjou Commission?", Shura asked.

"No, he's there because of the Traveler", Ayaka excitedly explained, but at the mention of the Traveler, Shura's mood dropped.

"Oh, yeah! The great Traveler! Because he will help us without a second thought and get involved in a civil war that has literally nothing to do with him because he's such a good person!", Shura sneered at her as her face got sadder with every word of mockery.

"But...", Ayaka began but got then cut off by Shura.

"Ayaka, how can you be so sure that this Traveler will really help us? What if he declines your wish? You should stop focusing on the Vision Hunt Decree. If you really want to help the people of Inazuma, then you should focus on the Sakoku Decree so that this country can at least survive. It has no use to save a few Vision Bearers when this nation's resources are all used up. Or do we then use the Vision Bearers to break out of this country and start to raid the other nations and cause a war with the rest of Teyvat!?"

"Okay, Shura, now you are exaggerating things here", a male voice said before Ayato stepped into the door frame.

"It may be exaggerated, but it does not mean that the Sakoku Decree is more of a threat to the people than the Vision Hunt Decree."

"But what about the ambitions of-", Ayato began before Shura interrupted the elder brother of Ayaka.

"Ambitions? The so-called ambitions of the people that the lightning rat strips them off? There are tons of people outside that have greater ambitions than most Vision Bearers, and yet they didn't receive one and you know what? They are perfectly fine living without such heretic things!"

As their dispute continued, neither Ayaka nor Ayato could have thought that Shura would speak his opinion in a such radical way, yet they continued to argue with him. Eventually, Shura had enough of the Kamisato siblings and left the estate fairly enraged.

"W-Where are you going!?", Ayaka followed him to the entrance gate of the estate, yet Shura ignored her.

Shura kept walking through Chinju Forest until he crossed the path with a masked woman clothed in a dark purple robe, swinging a purple glowing lantern around. A Cicin Mage of the Fatui, an organization under the control of the Cryo Archon of the distant land of Snezhnaya. As their gazes met, both stopped immediately. 

"Good morning, Shura", the Cicin Mage greeted the white-haired man with a smile.

"Good morning to you too, Galina", Shura greeted back politely.

The Fatui are not that popular in Teyvat, and many people, not only Inazuma, openly speak out their dislike for them and would love to simply throw them out of their country, As for Shura, he has nothing against their presence in Inazuma, after all, he has no reason to dislike them and as long as they do nothing against him. That even resulted in some friendships.