Chapter 1: Introduction

It was early in the morning when the commissioner of the Yashiro Commission, Kamisato Ayato was making himself ready to leave the estate. Saying his goodbyes to his younger sister Ayaka and retainer Thoma, the tall man left the estate and made his way to Ritou, the entry point to Inazuma and the territory of the Kanjou Commission, the Commission responsible for enforcing the Sakoku Decree and Inazuma's financial affairs.

On his way, he thought about why he had to shortly abandon his duty as Yashiro Commissioner.

Flashback

"Shura, do you have a moment?", Ayato asked as he approached Shura who seems to carve something out of wood.

"Sure, what is it?", Shura said, putting the wooden statue down while turning to the blue-haired man.

"You already know about the upcoming festive activities, but as you know I'm very busy on my own and Ayaka needs some help with the financial management-", Ayato said but was then interrupted by Shura.

"I see so you need more money... don't worry, I got ya back", Shura said with a mischievous smile. 

"That's not what I-", Ayato wanted to continue but was interrupted by Shura again.

"Shshshsh, I understand don't worry. I got it. Itto and I will get the money, but you need to be okay with everything that we do."

A long sigh escaped Ayato who shortly thought about it. He knows Shura is an intelligent man so even with Itto around, he can be trusted to not mess things up. And so, he agreed.

"Okay, but please don't do something reckless with Itto..."

Flashback end

Eventually, Ayato began to have some doubts and went to look after Shura himself. Why he doesn't send someone else after Shura? Well, Shura tends to not listen to many people. Ayato is one of the few exceptions.

As he walked through the streets of Ritou, he looked everywhere to find the person he was looking for. Eventually, he found Shura alongside their friend Arataki Itto, a tall Oni leading his self-established gang known as the "Arataki Gang", playing a card game. Aside from the tall man, three other men accompanied the two, these are Akira, Genta, and Mamoru, the other gang members. At first sight, nothing seems wrong to the Yashiro Commissioner until he saw against who they are gambling. On the other side of the table sat an officer of the Kanjou Commission and three more Kanjou Commission soldiers. In the middle of the table, was a huge pile of Mora. Ayato immediately went to him to ask for an explanation. 

"Shura! Itto! What are you two doing? And how much Mora did you set!?". Ayato exclaimed, also shocking the soldiers of the enemy commission. 

"Not only Mora!", Itto exclaimed and pointed at the top of the pile.

Ayato took a closer look at the pile and when he saw what was placed at the very top, his eyes widened. An orange-yellowish glowing orb, decorated with gold ornaments laid on top of the mountain of money, this was Arataki Itto's Geo Vision.

"Did you set Itto's Vision as a stake!?", Ayato was shocked.

"Heh, that's right! Not only his Vision and Mora but also the freedom of his friends!", the Kanjou officer stated arrogantly before throwing some more of his Mora onto the pile. Shura looked at the man, his arrogant smirk. He knows that Shura already has set all of his money, but then the white-haired man did something unexpected.