Chapter 5: The Tengu

A/N: NSFW lewd art at the end of the chapter.

After returning to the Kamisato Estate, Shura and the Traveler were guided by Thoma, to finally meet the young lady of the clan, in person. As for Shura, he just wishes to get back into his room and sleep. All the mountain climbing and the talk with Miko made him pretty tired.

As the four entered the building, Shura walked past the big folding screen, where Ayaka was hiding behind.

"I'm going to bed. Don't call me."

In response, Ayaka only nodded.

After making it into his personal room, Shura opened the hidden Shinobi door and put the sword of his teacher in medicine back in its rightful place. Closing the door, he went to his small bedside drawer and pulled out a small novel, an old book he was reading back then in Ashina as a child. After a while, he heard Ayaka calling him.

"Shura! Please come!"

In return, Shura didn't stand up and rolled from his futon to the sliding door, slid it open, and only looked with his head visible into the short corridor towards Ayaka, Aether, and Paimon. Albeit confused about Shura's awkward behavior, Ayaka had something to tell him.

"Shura! The Traveler accepted and will help us abolish the Vision Hunt Decree!", she cheers.

"Great! Your guilt-trapping has finally paid off! :D Also, didn't I tell you to NOT call me?"

Without waiting for an answer, Shura returned to his room and continued reading his book. A few minutes later, Thoma visited him and since he knew him very well, he brought him something to eat. Although Shura only likes the Kamisato housekeeper to a certain degree, he doesn't refuse to eat his meals.
Eventually, it got pretty late, and time to sleep. Just when Shura wanted to eat the last dango on the skewer, his door slid open and revealed Paimon, the traveling companion of their guest.

"Wah! Sorry, Shura! Paimon didn't know this door leads to your room!", Paimon apologized screeching in her high-pitched voice.

"It's alright, but please keep quiet. Why are you still here?", Shura asked looking at the little floating person.

"Well, Ayaka offered us to stay here since it was already late... And since we got great plans for tomorrow to explore the nation, we took the offer", Paimon explained and floated into the room.

"I see. Well, it's not like there aren't any things in Inazuma worthy of sightseeing. The Shrine for example, although the only flaw would be that annoying fox. Other than that, there would be that small island of Amakane. Aside from the city itself, it's your place for festive activities. Soon there will be one of these fests, so if you're interested, I can recommend it as there are lots and lots of tasty snacks. As for the festive activities, I wouldn't regard them as important."

As soon as Paimon heard Shura talking about food and put the festive activities that would normally be more interesting, behind she had one thought in her mind. 

'A food enthusiast... could he be one of my people?'

"Woah, that sounds great!", Paimon whisper-yelled.

"Anyways, shouldn't you head back to your sleeping room?", Shura said turning back to his book.

"W-well, Paimon was searching for her room..."

"Congratulations, you get to have your very own room in this building, but shouldn't you be together with your travel companion and emergency food?"

Paimon laughed at Shura's sarcasm.