Prologue

The night already fell over the land of eternity, the stars shining bright in the clear night sky. Under them wanders a single man, white hair covering his head, and his white eyes occasionally looking up to the stars. Clothed in a white kimono and carrying a small bag with his prosthetic left arm, he walks through the dark forest seemingly having no problem seeing in the dark. 

This is Ashina Shura, hailing from the distant land of Ashina and being the lone descendent of the once legendary clan of Ashina. Yet currently he is part of one of Inazuma's prominent clans, the Kamisato Clan of the Yashiro Commission, but mostly he is just known as Shura. 

Currently, he simply wants to have a nice evening, alone and away from everything. Eventually, he found a good place, he sat on the grass and began to eat one of the riceballs that he brought with him. Absolute peace, this is what Shura is here for, to relieve stress and to calm his karma. Enjoying the peace and his food, he gazed over the sea to the distant mainland. 

"Search the area! We must find the spies of the Resistance!"

Sadly, this peace was broken by a female commanding voice in the distance. Swiftly, Shura stored his food in his small bag before disappearing behind the nearest bush. Out of his hide, he saw several soldiers wearing purple-colored samurai armors with the insignias of the god they worship. Led by a woman with indigo hair cut in an uneven bob, and golden eyes the Shogunate soldiers began to search the area, occasionally sticking their spears in the denser bushes. 

"Great... and I left my sword in the estate...", Shura silently cursed. 

The young man watched the soldiers while he kept himself in the shadows sneaking past them. Effortlessly, he avoided every enemy as the only one of them who possibly had a chance to find him would be their general. Luckily, she is too far away and Shura was able to avoid every contact.

"Hey! What are you doing here!", a voice called from his right side.

Shura stopped in his tracks and looked in the direction from where the voice came. Two soldiers stood across an elderly couple, their spears pointed at them when the older man tried to protect his wife.

"P-please, we only want to go home!", the older man pleaded.

"We have the information that there is some Resistance movement in this area! In the name of the almighty Shogun, you are under arrest!", the soldiers said as one of them knocked the older man to the ground.

Out of instinct, Shura reached to his left hip, before realizing that he didn't have his sword with him. 

"Damn... I'm sorry... if I only would have brought my sword with me...", Shura silently cursed as he watched the elder couple getting arrested, for once he wished that the general would be there.

Eventually, Shura managed to return to Kamisato Estate near a cliff on the east side of Narukami Island. As soon as he stepped in front of the gate, a worried guard with the Kamisato Clan's symbol on his armor walked up to him.

"Lord Shura, I'm glad you're back! Lord Ayato and Miss Ayaka as well as Thoma are already searching everywhere for you!", he said relieved.

"Is that so...", Shura sighed at the guard's words.

"I-is something wrong, my lord?"

"No... it's alright... I'll go now, so they can stop searching for me."

Shura then walked past the guard, stepping onto the ground of the Kamisato estate before making his way into the estate.
As soon as he entered the building, he was faced with a young woman with long pale white-blue hair that is tied in a high ponytail and at the front styled in a hime cut. She wears a royal blue kimono that displays nobility and resilience. That is Kamisato Ayaka, well known and honored by the people as the Shirasagi Himegimi. Next to her stood a blond man wearing an attire that seems to combine the styles of Inazuma and his home country, Mondstadt. This was Thoma, the housekeeper of the Kamisato Clan, or as he mostly gets called by Shura, Ayaka's babysitter.