Chapter 3: Visitors

After Shura had spent the night at the head priestess's abode, and successfully countered her teasings due to his sleeping habit of moving a lot in his sleep, he went back down to the Kamisato estate. Still angry at the siblings, he barely stayed there for a long time, much to the demise of Ayaka who is in general greatly concerned for his well-being. In the last four weeks, there was only one major discussion between Shura and Ayato, and this was when Ayato was talking with the Kamisato clan's guards about the nearby ronin camp. Much to their surprise, Shura was against sending out neither their own soldiers nor reporting it to the tenryou Commission, though they found it a little suspicious, Shura's reason was that as long as they don't harm the people, there is no need to put anyone in unnecessary danger. As for Shura's true reasoning, this is something for later.

As for now, Shura was again at the top of Mt. Yougou after helping Miko. On his way down, his sharp eyes caught someone walking over the sandy shore that leads to Ritou. Quickly, he grabbed his Nightjar Glasses out of his white kimono, a piece of equipment once used by the Shinobi of Ashina, and used it to identify the person. Though Shura couldn't grasp every detail, he could see that it was a woman with long platinum-blond hair, wearing a white and light red dress and a long dark red cape, roughly shaped like a moth. Followed by two Cicin Mages of the Fatui, he concluded that she must be part of them, and based on her behavior she must be someone of high rank. 

And so, Shura decided to quickly make his way down to Ritou to investigate. Rushing through Chinju Forest and reaching the beach, he stopped rushing and returned to a normal pace so nobody suspects him of anything. Due to him being known as a resident of Inazuma, the guards who are supposed to keep the stranded merchants and other guests on the half island, he could freely enter and leave Ritou. 

"You again! Are you here to rip off our hard-earned Mora again!?", the guard yelled at Shura.

Without any reply, Shura just walks past him as he has no time for some bickering with the corrupt officials of the Kanjou Commission. As he entered the town, he made his way directly to the Kanjou headquarters. After looking out for possible citizens he sneaked around the guards until he arrived behind the Kanjou estate. In the shadow of the Statue of the Seven, Shura carefully began to listen until he heard the voice of Hiiragi Shinsuke, the head of the Hiiragi clan. 

"Just make sure that this Traveler doesn't escape Ritou", a female voice, probably from the woman he saw earlier.

"Y-yes, lady Harbinger, I'll take care of this matter. I promise", the quivering voice of the Kanjou Commissioner replied. 

"Good, I will take my leave now. Don't mess things up!"

Shura then heard them leaving, but stayed in case he finds out more after waiting for a few more moments, he also left and sneaked his way back to the streets. 

"Lady Harbinger...", Shura silently said to himself, "so the elite of the Cryo Archon is involved... and she wants to keep this Traveler in Ritou? Does she fear him that much? Anyway, now that I'm in Ritou, I should check if the prices have changed."

Walking over the marketplaces, the young man checked several stores, from convenience stores to stores that sell more specialized goods. In the end, he had concluded that the prices have been increased again. 

Letting out a sigh, Shura wanted to leave Ritou, when a familiar voice greeted him.

"Mhm, oh! Hey Shura!"

The white-haired man turned around and was greeted by the bright smile of Thoma.

"Hello, Thoma", he greeted back.

"What brings you here on this beautiful day?", Thoma asked still smiling brightly.

"I wanted to check the prices here at Ritou... sadly they are now even higher."