𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

Live Bait

       CLARISSA FERNANDEZ WAS BORN, CLARISSA YOUNG, TO A CHINESE DAD AND A white mom, and two older brothers

   CLARISSA FERNANDEZ WAS BORN, CLARISSA YOUNG, TO A CHINESE DAD AND A white mom, and two older brothers. She didn't particularly hate the town she grew up in but she did dislike it most of the time. For the way they treated her and her family, or gave them weird looks for the way they looked. Clarissa had been made aware of how different she was to a white girl, at an early age, she could tell how different she looked from her white mother. How they didn't think she was her actually mother, or how her and her brothers looked more like their father. Their sweet adoring father, who took on the name Henry to assimilate to American culture, and despite trying to so hard, it didn't accept him, most times, despite him being Chinese-American himself. Henry Young, owner of the local convenient store and Chinese restaurant. Tanya Young, worked at the restaurant and the local hair sloan.

It was in grade seventh when she met Ezekiel Fernandez, who would inevitably become her husband. The would become fast friends bonding over the fact that they looked so different from their average white counterparts, and Ezekiel shared his Mexican culture with her, and she shared her Chinese culture with her. How he made her feel less alone, and the two relied on each other for support and seen.

EZEKIEL HAD FORGOTTEN HOW FUNNY HIS WIFE WAS RECENTLY WITH EVERYTHING, that they had been through. He can remember the first time he laid eyes on her.

A seventh grade Ezekiel had walked in late to his class, on the second day of school, but it was his first. They were on the second period of the day, social studies. His teacher, Ms. Flagstaff made him introduce himself to the class. He stood in front of the class, introducing himself, and that's when he laid eyes on one of prettiest girls he's ever seen. Clarissa Young.

The first time he heard her laugh. The first time he
made her laugh. How they became best friends, and she met his family, him meeting her family. How he was too scared to make a move on her and he watched her date other people, and he dated other people.

"What are you thinking of?" She asks him, he seemed not present. Her mind went to Ada, but Angel was with her.

"You." He says with a smile forming on his lips. Clarissa can't help but smile at her husband.

"Me?" She bites her bottom lip in teasing manner as she blushes.

"Yeah you." He smiles staring at her. He only felt at peace with her, felt happy with her. She is his one true love, his sisters often pointed it out a lot, before the two started dating. Their mother, Laura, often teasingly asked him about Clarissa, knowing about her sons crush on her. He can remember their graduation, their first date and their first everything, his photographic memory. "Our first date, our graduation. Your college graduation." He says and she smiles softly at her husband. While Ez had put his dream on hold and his life took many turns, and he ended up part of a biker gang, he didn't regret a single thing. He's married to the love of his life, and best friend. While he dreamt of what his life would look like with kids, he doesn't know if he wants to bring kids into the world. Not if meant that there's a high chance of losing Clarissa, like Lori. He wouldn't survive losing Clarissa.