one

your pov
me and chris have been best friends since early grade school. his brother nick bonded with me a few years later but matt never warmed up to me, even with us now being grown up.

me and chris were sitting in the kitchen on our phones when nick and matt came downstairs. nick asked us what we should do since we all seemed bored and had nothing to do.

"how about we bake something" chris said "i've been craving some cookies" he adds.

"yes please" i said excited, everybody giggled expect matt, he just stared at me.

"what kind" nick asked chris.

"um chocolate chip" chris responded in a duh tone towards nick.

"basic" i said

matt kept making eye contact the whole night which was rare considering he normally doesn't even acknowledge me. he was laughing at my jokes and even making conversation some when nick and chris were arguing, it was like a switch flipped and he was fine with me being around now after all these years. after the cookies were done we divided to all watch a movie. nick took the recliner in the corner of the room which left chris, me, and matt on the couch. chris took the left side while matt took the right, which left me in the middle.

they decided on a movie and we all got comfortable. i was wearing dark grey flare legging with a white tank top and a dark grey zip up hoodie my hair was put up in a claw clip and i had on simple silver necklace with a cross on it. the boys looked just as bummy as i did if not more. i laughed to myself thinking about it. they weren't just friends anymore they were family even matt. when the movie was over nick had fell asleep.

"should we wake him up" i ask the boys

"nah just let him sleep in here" chris says to me

"you can sleep in his room since he took over the living room" chris adds on

"no it's fine i'll just sleep in here with him hopefully he doesn't snore to loud" i said trying not to laugh, they both smiled at me before heading upstairs for bed.