ten

a couple months later
your pov

it's been months since we talked, like actually had a conversation with each other. i didn't stop coming around the triplets but somehow things between me and matt are worse than before. not talking at all is worse than when he was mean to me. apart of me can't help but think if i had just kept my mouth shut and stayed away we wouldn't be here right now.

"can we please do something" chris asks from the couch. me and nick look at each other and shrug.

"cmon we haven't done anything in days" he adds on when nobody answers.

"how about we- " i was about to start suggesting things for us to do when matt comes downstairs.

"help us figure out what to do, we are bored out of our minds" chris jumps up and asks matt.

"correction. you are. we were fine." nick buds in referring to him and me.

"true but still we need to get out of the house" chris says looking around at us.

"why don't you guys go mini golfing or bowling or something" matt says to chris.

"you guys" chris asks him. matt shrugs his shoulders and go to the kitchen.

"you're going to matt" chris says getting up from the couch and going to the kitchen.

"yeah no" matt says taking a bowl out of the cabinet.

"why you haven't just hung out in months" chris asks.

"you know why" matt says looking at me like i'm to blame for him locking himself up in his rooms for the past couple of months.

"don't even blame this on me" i say standing up from the couch and walking into the kitchen.

"i didn't blame you" he says with a confused look.

"you might as well have, your eyes sure said a whole different story" i argue.

"okay guys not now" nick says trying to stop an argument before one starts but what nick didn't know was i wasn't going to let matt avoid this conversation for the hundredth time.

"no now. for months you have blamed me for doing what exactly" i ask matt.

he looks at me like i broke his heart but in reality i know we both broke each others.

"you weren't the only one that got hurt matt" i say pointing at him.

"yea i know but i sure did get the worse" he says.

"how exactly is that" i say.

"because you're here everyday. how do you expect me to get over you if you're always around. you've seemed to get over it pretty quickly " he says his tone getting louder.

"wrong i'm just better at hiding my emotions than you are" i say before he can blame me again.

"neither of you resolved whatever happened between you two" chris says.

"i agree it's been like this for months you guys need to fix it" nick adds on.

"matt just tell her" chris says patting matt's shoulder.

"no way" matt argues.

"tell me what" i ask. chris looks at matt who is shaking his head frantically and nick is as confused as i am. i just wanna know what the hell is going on.

"chris what is it" i ask.

"chris. don't, please" matt begs.

"it's now or never matt if you don't i will" chris threatens. matt shakes his head and chris shrugs his shoulders.

"he loves you" chris blurts out.

"he has since we were kids" he adds on.

matt sturniolo has loved me since we were kids. matt  avoids eye contact with me and i can't help but think after all of this if this is true why can't he look at me.

"yea right, nice one chris" i say.

"i'm not joking" chris say seriously.

i look at matt who still won't look at me.

"look at me" i say. he doesn't.

"damn it if you love me so much then why can't you even look at me" i say slamming my hand on the counter.

nick and chris's eyes widen at the sudden sound of my palm hitting the counter. matt looks up finally but doesn't say a word to me, he just stares.

i roll my eyes and matt starts breathing heavy.

"matt what is it" chris asks. he's focused on me and i can tell he's about to breakdown.

i regret my anger and drop my shoulders. my heart skips a beat whenever i see him start walking over towards me. when he gets infront of me i see a hesitation in him.

"matt are you okay" i ask.

"i'm sorry i shouldn't have-" i say trying to apologize and make him feel safe but instead of me finishing my sentence he grabs my face and kisses me. i couldn't catch my breath as he grabbed my face and pulled me closer. i don't think it's safe for your heart to skip a beat twice in this amount of time but mine did.

"i've loved you since the day i saw you" he says pulling away breathing heavy.

"and i will always love you" he adds pulling me into a hug.