eight

your pov
matt came back home a few hours ago and went straight up to his room and hasn't come out since. i hadn't been home in a few days.

"hey i'm going to head home" i tell chris walking into his room.

"yea why" he asks nodding his head up.

"just feel like i need to be home, check on mom" i say sitting on the side of his bed. he sits up from laying down and smiles at me.

"is everything okay" he asks with a sympathetic look on his face.

"yea just need to be home for a few days" i say smiling at him so he thinks nothing is wrong but honestly my heart was breaking. i was lying to my best friend, i liked his brother but not like it matter because his brother didn't feel the same way.

"i'll text you later" i say standing up and heading for the door.

"i know somethings up but if you're not ready to tell me i'm not going to force it out of you, i'll see you in a few days" he says laying back down.

i smile as i shut his bedroom door, as i turn around matt's door opens and he walks out. i decide it's better to not say anything at all then speak my mind and ruin everything since everybody is home.

i turn towards the stairs and walk down them without even saying bye to him. my eyes start to water as i reach the front door before i open it i take a deep breath to calm myself down.

i will not cry over this, it's not the first time a boy has hurt you and it won't be the last.

i unlock and open the door and head to me car. when i get in i sit in silence and the whole way home.

i unlock the front door and nobody was home. mom was at work until tomorrow afternoon. i didn't like being home alone but i didn't wanna be around matt. i make sure to lock the door before heading upstairs to my room.

my room was still a mess from the last time i was home. i decide to clean it up a bit before taking a shower and going to bed.

author's note: matt's pov next :))