three

your pov
i have this six sense about knowing when somethings off. whether it's a situation or a person. i know if something is off, not only has matt been very wishy washy lately with me but he's been flirting. matt doesn't flirt, at least not with me.

"what has been up with him lately" i ask nick who is standing across the kitchen island facing away from me.

"i don't know. he's been off have you noticed to" nick says turning around to face me while we talk.

"yes. one day he's fine with me being here, the next he can't even stand being in the same room with me, and then there was this morning he was flirtatious with me at breakfast" i whisper knowing that matt or chris could come downstairs at any moment.

"what do you mean flirtatious" he questions with a confused look on his face.

"matt was flirty with me at breakfast today. when you and chris went to the bathroom after we finished eating he kept making small talk" i say.

"about" he drags on.

"well he kept apologizing for being rude and then told me he'd like to hang out more and that he's only rude to me because he's not as close to me as you and chris are" i say looking back behind me to make sure that neither one of them is standing on the stairs listening into our conversation.

nick nods his head and continues at what he was doing before our conversation. a few minutes later both matt and chris come downstairs.

"whatcha doing" chris asks both me and nick.

"nothing" we both respond looking at each other. matt and chris look at each other the same way.

"y'all wanna go for a drive" chris asks.

"sure" me and nick respond.

matt shakes his head no. chris begs for him too but still says no.

"what if i drive" i suggest, hoping he'd agree to it and we could get out of the house for a few hours.

"fine" matt says looking annoyed about it but still smiles at chris.

i got up and went to go get ready. not knowing what we'd be doing i decided to go simple. i wore some ripped up baggy jeans, a gray hoodie, and white sneakers with my hair in a low ponytail.

chris was upset when matt asked to sit in the front seat. we were all confused on why until he said it would make his anxiety less worse if he were sitting up front so he could watch me and the road. matt does normally drive us around when we're all together but i've had my license since i was sixteen and was more than capable of driving. if it made his anxiety not as bad sitting in the passenger seat then it was fine with me. even though me and matt are not close i do still worry about him and his anxiety because i use to be him and still am sometimes just not as often as it use to be. chris was still on aux like always so the ride wasn't awkward.

author's note: i hope you're enjoying the story.