five

matt's pov
i rolled over from facing the wall. the sound of rain hitting my window woke me up and my curtains were closed so the room was darker than normal in the morning time.

she came into my room last night. i pretended to be asleep even though i wasn't. she said she was still worried about what happened earlier that day. i didn't feel like arguing with her so i just let her sleep in my room with me. she had the covers pulled up over her mouth so all i could see was the top of her head.

"hey" i say lightly shaking her so she would wake up.

she groaned and moved closer. her hand lightly brushed up against my arm and it was cold. her touching me gave me the chills. i couldn't help but think why she came in my room and didn't go to chris's or even nick's. she started to move more so i knew she was about to wake up.

"good morning" she says with a little smile. i give a little smile to.

she's pretty; she always has been since the day i met her.

"how'd you sleep" i ask her, watching her every move.

"pretty good, considering" she says her smile fading.

"good that means you can sleep on the couch tonight and not in my bed" i say trying to not act different because nothing needs to change around here, especially my feelings for her.

"we need to talk to mary lou about getting me a bed" she says giggling.

"your bed is comfortable" she adds before pushing the covers off of her and standing up. she wore a long baggy t shirt and blue sleep shorts. she caught me staring and gave me a confused look.

"i'm surprised nobody has come looking for you" i say getting out of bed. she shrugs as we walk out of my room. she goes to the bathroom and i head downstairs.

both nick and chris were sitting at the kitchen table.

"sleep good" nick asks with a smirk and chris just looks at me with an annoyed look.

"yeah i guess" i say grabbing a glass to pour me some orange juice.

"i mean you did have a cuddle buddy on this gloomy morning" nick says pointing outside.

"y'all looked so cute cuddling" nick says getting his phone out to show me the photo he took.

"we were not cuddling" i say shaking my head as he showed me the photo.

not only do i not remember us cuddling last night but also nick and chris know that she stayed in my room last night and they don't know what happened yesterday

nick is reading to much into it as always and chris is just annoyed by it. before i can defend myself and explain she comes downstairs and nobody says a word.