nine

matt's pov
i didn't know what to say to her so i decide not to say anything. when i got home i went straight up to my room and stayed there.

i don't know why i was fooling myself, she's chris's best friend and would never want me.

it's been hours and i have to use the bathroom. there's no chance i would run into her, she's probably downstairs asleep by now. i decide to chance it and go use the bathroom. i open up my door and as i do she's leaving chris's room with her keys in her hand.

she looks at me with no emotion for a few minutes like she was hesitating but she doesn't say anything. i watch her walk down the stairs, i follow after her but by the time i make it half way down the stairs she's already at the front door. her hands on the lock but she doesn't unlock it. i see her take a deep breath in and hold it before exhaling and shaking her head. she unlocks the door and leaves.

i run back up the steps and immediately go to chris's room.

"what'd she say to you" i ask barging in without even knocking.

"what" he says scrolling on his phone, he looks over and see me panting from running back up the steps and into his room.

"hey calm down, what's wrong" he says getting up and walking over to me.

"what did she say to you" i repeat myself.

"she said she needed to go home for a few days, she was missing her mom" he says in a confused way.

i start to calm down and chris notices.

"why do you care" he asks me.

"it's a long story" i say.

"okay i have time" he says sitting down on his bed.

"you're going to hate me" i say sitting beside him.

"why's that" he says looking at me.

"because i like her and i think i fucked it all up" i say looking down at my feet to avoid eye contact with him.

"you like her" he questions.

"yea" i answer.

"then why are such a punk to her" he asks.

"it was easier to act like i hated her" i say.

"what happened between you two" chris asks. i shake my head no.

"i kissed her and then ran off like a jerk" i say embarrassed.

"if you like her you need to tell her and stop hiding it. something was wrong with her, i could tell. she wouldn't tell me and i wasn't going to force her to tell me but it was probably you." he says confessing how she was acting.

"but what if she doesn't like me back chris" i ask him frustrated.

"did she kiss you back" he asks me.

"yes" i tell him.

"you've known her for as long as i have and how many guys have you seen her kiss just for the hell of it" he questions.

"none" i say.

"exactly if she kissed you back she has to like you matt, she wouldn't have especially knowing that if things got bad between you two it would be awkward" chris says patting my back.