𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 !

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈
𝐂𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢
9 𝒚/𝒐

I was just swinging quietly when I saw something fly past my face. I was startled and that caused the swing to stop, I got off and looked around.

I tried to find it, it wasn't easy as I wasn't sure what I was looking for. I was just staring straight ahead when I saw it flying in front of my face again.

This time I looked in the direction it was going in, at the meadow next to our house. I walked that way and saw that it was stuck on a piece of wood.

I got closer and closer until I was close enough to see what it was.

It was a ladybug!

I wanted to take a step closer, but suddenly it flew away. I looked back around to look for it, but couldn't find it.

I did see my little brother of 5 running towards me and then I realized why it flew away. I wasn't angry because he was a boy and he wouldn't understand.

But it did make me a bit sad. I didn't have much time to be sad, though, because I heard Mom call our name, to come eat dinner.

I saw James run back inside as fast as he could. I ran after him, but tripped over a rock. Before I knew it I was lying face down on the ground.

I felt tears welling up in my eyes, but held them back, I wanted to be strong. I sat up and was about to wipe away the tears that had formed when I saw the ladybug again.

This time it came to me. It flew infront my face again, but this time instead of flying away it landed on my nose. I tried as gently as possible to move it to my finger and it worked.

I saw that it was a special ladybug, because it only had 4 dots. 2 on each side. I decided to give it a name. I chose the name kiwi because I thought it was cute.

I said goodbye and then put Kiwi on one of the leaves of one of the flowers in our garden and went inside so mom wouldn't get mad at me. When I got inside, I told mom everything and she said she was happy for me that I made a friend.

After dinner I went back outside. I wanted to see if Kiwi was still there, but I couldn't find it anymore, I kept looking until it was dark. I couldn't find it anymore, so I went back inside.

I had to go to sleep, that night I had a wonderful dream about Kiwi.

-----------
Little Caiti moment :]