A Broken Wing Turned into a Good Thing

"Oh- and who have you brought with you" Peri replied upon letting go.

"Oh- yes, ummm- Peri-- this is Adelaide. She has a broken wing so umm... she's rather different, but still, she wants to try all the talents out for herself" she put a hand behind her head rather nervously, squinting her eyes and smiling. Her sister, Peri, could almost immediately tell that her sister, Tinker Bell, must have been rather a bit embarrassed as she was a bit red and sweaty. Adelaide seemed to notice this rather strange behavior as well. Is Tink embarrassed to be seen with me? Adelaide thought.

Her sister just smiled and said warmly. "Of course, I'll take you on, Adelaide" she smiled.

"But what about m- my broken wing?" Adelaide remarked with slight concern.

"Broken wing? Ha, consider yourself lucky is that department then... wings and snow and frost don't mix well together" she winked at Tinker Bell.

"Yes, and if you want proof of that I can personally tell you from experience that this is indeed true" Tink hung her head sadly.

"But- but, you have wings?" Adelaide pointed behind Periwinkle.

"Yes, but what I meant was you and the other Fairies here on the warm side of Pixie Hollow... er- your wings are made for such extreme temperatures, and therefore aren't meant for such cold weather"

"Oh..."

"But you don't have to worry about that sort of thing"