A New Arrival

It's the start of a new season in Pixie Hollow, the start of spring; and although everything was calm and peaceful a strong wind unexpectedly blows a seed from the Mainland all the way to Pixie Hollow. Turning their heads in surprise, all the fairies and Sparrowmen immediately rushed over to the Pixie Dust Tree eager to meet the new arrival.

Queen Clarion was the first to speak as she gazed out at all the heads in the stands. "Now, now, I know this one's an unexpected surprise but let's treat this new arrival with the same grace and well-mannered thoughts we always have"

"Like when Crystal arrived?" One Sparrow-man laughed. Crystal who was sitting a couple of rows away did her best to shield her embarrassment.

"Ummm, yes," Queen Clarion said calmly taking a breath to avoid punching the guy. "Now then, let's watch" she turned slightly, stepping back and to one side so that she wasn't blocking anyone's view.

As everyone watched as the resident Dust-Keeper sprinkled a pinch of that special dust on the dandelion seed, everyone in the crowd murmured— remembering their own experiences of that historic moment with that oh so special yellow dust.

"H-hello?" The newborn said, stretching; everyone cheered.

"Wait, what's that!?!" One sparrow-man in the crowd piped up looking discussed.

"What?" The newborn said, spinning around only to hear the laughter echoing from the crowd. Then out of nowhere murmurs could be heard, they began to swirl around in the crowd.

"She has a broken wing" the sparrow-man whispered.

"A broken wing?" Exclaimed Vidia. "Well, we know one thing: she's definitely not fast-flying Fairy material"

"Now hold on!" Exclaimed the queen, clapping her hands together. "Calm yourselves! ... Now, I know this situation's a bit... different, but nevertheless we are going to give her the equal opportunity as you all got when you arrived" she finished, turned and smiled as the young Fairy. Kneeling down she asked sweetly. "What's your name, young omg?" the small, tiny fairy looked at her, wonder in her eyes yet dare not speak, lowering her head. "Hey," Queen Clarion said sweetly, putting two fingers under the young Fairy's chin and lifting it up slowly. "Don't mind the crowd" she whispered. "Now, don't you want to let us know your name... my precious angel?" The young fairy starred at her for a few seconds before replying softly. "Adelaide, my name's Adelaide"

"A-Adelaide?" Queen Clarion repeated, she watched as the little one nodded. "Adelaide" she repeated towards the crowd. Everyone cheered for the young fairy called Adelaide. "Now, Miss Adelaide..." Queen Clarion began, once the crowd settled down a little. "It's time to pick your talent" she helped the little 1-inch-tall fairy up of her feet and over to where all the talent choices were waiting.

Looking at all the choices, she suddenly became overwhelmed. Stepping back, she looked the queen in the eye and whispered. "I'm- I'm sorry..." fleeing the scene in tears.