6. Flashback

Planet: Troy...47 years ago

"Now remember, Priam, you only get one chance to make a first impression, so it better be a damn good one," Leda hissed to her best friend. "Hecuba is a bit of a hard baller in the beginning, but I know you two'll just be perfect together. Now give me that," she snatched the mistalizer-wand from his mouth.

Priam rolled his dark green eyes. "Something tells me I'm gonna be needing that back."

"Focus," Leda snapped her fingers in front of his face. "You're not engaged yet and there are literally a hundred different guys besides you vying for the spot as consort of the Queen of Troy. You gotta be charming yet badass, smart but not a smartass, got it?"

"Yeah, yeah, I get it," he huffed, then hesitated before he said. "Hey uh, look Leda, I didn't get the chance to tell you on the way over here but...Thanks, I wouldn't have a shot in Hades if it weren't for you."

"Meh. What are good Judys for?" She smiled with a shrug, then laced her arm through his to tug him along. "C'mon, we don't wanna miss roll-call," she eagerly led the way into the glorious Trojan arena.

When the sentries seen her, they swiftly saluted and then the herald announced; "The Princess of Sparta, Her Highness Leda!"

Everyone in the arena clapped as the Spartan princess and her bodyguard were led up to the golden booth overlooking the sandy arena, velvet curtains were drawn aside and there seated in one of the two thrones was Troy's new Queen: Hecuba. "Leedy!" Hecuba smiled from her seat as the princess hurried over. "Omigods, you actually made it!"

"Um, are you kidding me? What are good Judys for!" Leda readily hugged the other girl when she stood up, angling them so when Hecuba opened her eyes she was looking at Priam over Leda's shoulder.

"Oh, who's your friend?" She smiled as she pulled away.

"Hmmmm? Oh, him. This is Priam, he's captain of my guards."

"And yet so young!" Hecuba was definitely impressed. "Pray tell, dear Priam, have you entered in the games?" She could easily imagine herself with this handsome hunk at her side in the future, and if the consort competition were only judged on looks, Priam would have effortlessly won. He was tall and muscular with long auburn blonde hair messily plated in a braid; the eagle Aquris was tattooed against his tanned neck in blue ink. His bronze jerkin hugged his contours like a second skin and a pair of golden firestone guns were strapped to his hips, a double-bladed sword was sheathed across his broad back by a gold baldric.

"I've considered it, but now that I've seen you in person, Your Majesty, I simply must enroll," he smiled his glamorous smile as Hecuba blushed and twirled her long dark brunette curls around her finger with pleasure. From behind Hecuba's back, Leda gave Priam a thumbs-up, she was pleased he managed to pull off the suave card so well, in rehearsal it hadn't gone so well.

Since Leda was best friends with both the Trojan Queen and with her ambitious Spartan captain, she had it in her mind that it'd be practically god-designed if she were to hook the two up. After all, she knew Hecuba's type; tall, blonde, and edgy, and she knew the perfect guy who not only fit that description, but who was also always looking for ways to climb ranks, and what better way to do that than become the Queen of Troy's consort? Hecuba would probably even make him General of her Guard, and he was just sixteen! There was nothing else more for Priam to accomplish as a Spartan soldier, they'd never let him be a general so young, so the way Leda looked at it, there was simply no harm in granting everyone's desires by playing Eros. Hecuba wanted a young, hot consort, Priam wanted power and authority, bingo bango bongo. Everybody won.