7. One Wrong Turn After Another

Planet: Argos

Percy groggily sat up, her head felt like it had split in half by an axe (thankfully it hadn't been, but a Tylenol would have been useful at that moment) but when she registered Meda sitting before her in a chair, priorities instantly shuffled. Her girlfriend was made entirely of stone. "Meda?! No!" Percy scrambled over and seized the arms of the chair, staring desperately up at Meda from her perch on her knees. "Omigods! No!" She shakily held her hands to Meda's frightened looking face, her eyes frozen wide open with fear. "Holy shit, no!" Tears of fury blazed in her eyes as she anxiously caressed Meda's face with trembling hands. "No," she hissed painfully, her hands falling from Meda's face as she looked around frantically.

They were in what looked like a dingy walk-in closet, chains dangled from the ceiling and lurid light seeped in from around the large steel door. That seemed to be the only way out. Suddenly the door she was staring at screeched open on rusted hinges, bright white light was pouring in, blinding her briefly and then she startled when she heard Meda's chair buzz. The chair she was in began to move forward slowly, being pulled along on a track and chain. Percy scrambled out of the way and then hurried after the chair that led her out into a massive, blazing white open warehouse/hanger, dozens upon dozens of dark brio-crafts are lining the steel walls.

"Hiya!" Medusa folded her fingers in a brief wave as Meda's chair slowly turned and crawled towards her and her silent male companion. "Perseus, finally you wake! Something tells me you're a little more willing to talk business now, huh?" She smirked as she adjusted her sunshades.

"What the fuck did you do to Meda?!" Percy furiously demanded. "And you! What did this jackass throw in my fuckin' eyes?!" She pointed at Tall, Dark & Deadly.

"Relax, kid, HeadShot didn't do any permanent damage," Medusa smirked with a shrug. "And little baby-face here will wakie wakie just as soon as you bring me my godsdamn eye fuckin' ball from the old crones I told you about, alright? Perfect!" She smiled brightly. "Now HeadShot here is gonna be your wingman but don't let it go to your head and forget who's really in charge," she waggled her finger at her as she propped her elbow up on HeadShot's broad bare shoulder.

"Huh? This sicko is coming with me?" she glared at him. "Bullshit! I work better alone! And quicker."

"Well you're still basically working alone, I mean it's not like he's gonna help you," she snorted on a laugh. "Let's just say he's your...motivator if you need a nudge."

"Right over a cliff, I'm sure. Look, bring Meda back! Just that way I know it can be done and then I'll fuckin' get your godsdamn eyeball!"

"You see? That's gonna be the part you gotta get over, you're not the boss anymore, I am," Medusa sneered. "But to be fair, I'll let you pick a brio-ship and let you be off on your way, okay? Great! I am loving this positivity!"

"But I-I don't even know where the Hades I'm going!" She sputtered. "I don't know where the fuck the Gray Witches are!"

Medusa scowled, "You're really not impressing me, Perseus, but just to get the ball rolling, I'll tell you. They're on the moon between the dead stars Ceto and Phorcys, it's a bit of a sketchy ride there but HeadShot will ensure that you get there, got it?" she plastered on another lethal smile.

Percy reframed from shuddering. "Got it," she hissed, then glanced apologetically at her beloved Meda before she glared at Medusa. "You better not lay a fuckin' hand on her."

"Ooh, I wouldn't dream of it," Medusa mockingly shuddered then sneered as she adjusted her furry coat. "Take good care of the eyeball and try not to work HeadShot's nerves, the poor baby is plagued with a short-temper and I'm afraid he's killed the last few saps I've persuaded to go after the Third Eye. Chow now," she waved, and HeadShot finally showed signs of a pulse and stepped away from her, moving closer to Percy which caused her to back up swiftly.