9. Hit N' Miss

Location: Enroute to the Gray Witches' Moon

Abruptly the Pegasus was struck by a missal while in light-speed; the brio craft was violently flung off course and wildly spun around in a hectic circle as it emerged from the jump. Since neither Percy nor her unwanted companion was strapped down, they were both flung into the visor-glass, it felt like hitting concrete. Percy shrieked on a cursed and then fell to the switchboard, the Pegasus was already wailing with alarm before she accidently landed on the control panels. She barely caught a glimpse of the lifeboats onboard being ejected before she was flung off the floor again as the ship continued to spiral through space.

Unnaturally, HeadShot didn't even utter a peep of pain as he hit the walls and ceiling. He managed to catch the back of the co-pilot's chair and crawled into the seat, buckling up while Percy was flung back into the visor-glass. When the ship made another dive, Percy was thrown into her captain's chair and HeadShot held on to the collar of her coat to keep her from flying free while she struggled to buckle. She shot him a reluctantly grateful look before she swiftly seized the control bars and heaved the yoke back to the balance point, Pegasus mercifully stop spinning wildly and then as it slowly turned around, Percy caught a glimpse of Peggy's attackers.

It was some kinda sophisticated strike-shuttle, she couldn't identify what planetary class it was, all she knew was that it was fancy as fuck and was currently lining them up in its sights. "Does this thing have any cannons or anything?!" She frantically demanded as she watched the cannons of the other ship charge up. HeadShot just nodded but still didn't say anything. "Well holy shit man, help me the fuck out! If I go up, you go up!" That incentive didn't seem to compel him to speak, he just nodded his agreement. "Urghhh! You crazy bastard!" Percy desperately searched the control panel and located the booster switch that granted extra power to the engines currently running, and since she knew one of them were the shield generators, she savagely struck the switch a heartbeat before their assailant fired.

Two missals encased in ice blue flames soared through the space rapidly and collided with their visor-glass violently enough to send the Pegasus reeling backwards again. "Ugh! We won't be able to survive another hit like that!" She declared as she wildly steadied Peggy again. In her book, the best option to proceed to the next chapter of life was to make a run to the moon they were supposed to be going to, they might be able to hide there until the sickos hunting them got bored. "Who the fuck keeps trying to kill me?!" She demanded as she dedicated all the remaining power to the light-speed jump. The Pegasus lurched forward. Percy kept checking the detection screens and cringed when Peggy discerned a tail had joined them in light-speed. "Gods, we ain't gonna be able to take another hit if they wallop us in the ass,"

HeadShot suddenly unbuckled and jumped out of his chair, hastening down the halls to the back of the ship.

"What the Hades are you fuckin' doin' back there?!" Percy called after him and swiftly began tapping on the survey screens to watch him. He was outside of the ship's reserve haul and instead of tapping commands on the screen, he just wrenched the tablet off the wall and ripped the wires free. Percy's jaw dropped but then she realized what he did, the power in the reserve haul abruptly died and the double doors in the sealed off room opened, all their supplies sailed out the back of the ship just as their pursuers opened fire. Their missals collided with the loose supplies and slowed the advancing vessel as they mowed through the exploding debris.

"Okay, arguably a smart call but why the fuck didn't you just fuckin' ask me to open the doors?! I could have done that from here!" She insisted as HeadShot strapped himself back into his chair. He still said nothing. "Are you a fuckin' mute or something?!" She demanded but in the next moment, the Pegasus emerged from light-speed with a jolt. "Whoa, mother!" Percy exclaimed as she took in the enormous moon between the dead stars Ceto and Phorcys. The moon itself looked like an eyeball, with mountains on the rocky surface forming eyelids and jagged lashes, massive craters layered within each other created a pupil and iris. "Okay, Heads, what's the plan now?" She asked as the Pegasus began its descend.