Chapter thirty-seven🫶🏼

Evelyn's pov

Sleep came easy, but keeping the bad memories away was hard. I looked up at the dark ceiling for almost the whole night, nothing worked to put me back to sleep. I glanced over at my clock and sighed as the time read 5:30 am in bold letters.

I didn't have much to do since it was Saturday but I still wanted to sleep but not even that came with peace. I watched as the sunset came through my glass window, lighting my room with an orange-ish light.

The hand that was around my waist tightened as Rain brought me closer to his chest. I stayed quiet as I quickly shut my eyes and prayed that I didn't wake him. I almost sighed as I felt a large hand slowly rub my hand, letting me relax into his soothing touch.

Rain leaned down and kissed my ear and kissed my head while whispering, "I know you are awake, I felt you the whole night." My heart stopped as I continued to stay 'asleep' as my heartbeat raced in my throat. I fought another shiver as I felt his warm hand slide up my shirt, resting it on my back while still peppering little kisses on my head.

"You know, being away from you was the hardest experience I've ever had to be faced with. You don't know how many times I wanted to kiss your lips and make you shudder under my touch, to have you wrap your arms around my neck as you hug me. I wanted it all, and I couldn't have it." I felt my heart squeeze at his confession as I arched my back into his hand.

He chuckled into my hair, the sound making my stomach and heart turn to mush. I turned around to face him and I wrapped my arms around his waist while stuffing my face into his neck. I wanted to feel him, no, I needed to feel him.

I placed my lips to his neck and leaned back to look up at him, his eyes were closed and his lips were curled inward like he was holding something back. My heart stood still as I asked him one question that would either make me or shatter me.

After a few beats, I took a deep breath and asked the scary question. "Have you been with other people when you were gone? It's fine if-" I was rudely cut off as a pair of soft lips pushed against mine making me immediately shut my mouth.

I pushed his chest gently and he leaned back a bit but still held my cheek in his cupped hand. "No. I never even wanted to look at another woman unless she was you, Evelyn. You are a little thief, you stole my heart and I don't even want it back." I smiled at the reassuring statement and leaned my forehead to rest on his.

I wonder if we have telekinesis abilities, I mean if we stay here like this long enough I might be able to crack his ice-cold, coded wall that he built up around his heart.

I pulled away and created a few inches of distance as I looked out of my bright window I felt his gaze on me, watching me intently. "I have to get ready." I went to go get out of bed when I felt the softness of my bed meet my back. I looked up as Rain hovered over me with a glare.

I went to push him away but he suddenly dropped onto his stomach, crushing my body under his muscular one. I could feel every ab, vein, and muscle in his body as he got completely comfortable on my chest. He shoved his head into my neck and I let out a huff of air while rubbing his back with my nails.

I lifted my hand after a while once his body went still. My hand wanted to go back but I had to get ready and it was already six o'clock. Rain groaned, successfully scaring the hell out of me. "Mm, don't stop darling." I held his head to my chest and tried to slow my heartbeat back to a normal beat.