Chapter forty-four🫶🏼

Evelyn's pov

He left...again. I couldn't believe my ears as Luca tried to explain the situation calmly. "He said that he l-" I cut Luca off with a hand in the air and motioned for him to just stop talking which he did.

I got off of the couch and started to limp to the stairs, I felt a hand on my back but I pulled forward to get away from it. I tried to think of all the things I said or done but nothing added up to him leaving again.

Once I was alone in my room I let a few chuckles out, ones that were caught in my throat making them sound like a gurgling sound instead of a laugh. I picked up my phone which was on my bed and started to look through my pictures and videos.

As I was looking I got a sick and twisted idea that would hurt him very badly but he hurt me, tit for tat. I called someone who I know would love to do this with me and I waited for them to answer. Finally, she did after a few minutes making me smile in relief.

"Lilith?" I waited to hear a response and when I did, her response made me quickly let out a chuckle. "Ow, god damn sucking dick bitch!" I laughed and winced at the slight pain in my side. "Lilith I need help, are you able to pick me up?" I heard an evil chuckle and I mentally smiled with her. "On my way..." I was going to respond but she had already hung up.

As I was getting dressed I looked down at my wound which was now wrapped with gauze and I lightly touched it. It's funny how I hate the wound because it hurts but I also love it because it means that he is finally dead, finally out of my mind. That's a lie.

I sighed and looked at myself in the mirror one last time before grabbing my phone and house keys. My outfit consisted of black leggings and a hoodie, it wasn't much but I wanted to be comfortable and the leggings give my ass a good look.

I peeked out of my window and saw Zion's car hidden behind the gate. They are adorable together and I know they will be perfect. I blinked a few times and slowly opened my window, I only stopped when I felt my phone buzzing in my bra making me climb back into my window and reach for my phone.

My phone was lit up with a random number that made my stomach drop at the slight fear of Simons's men being able to trace me down. I pushed my fear aside and answered the phone, letting my breathing slow down for a bit I let the other line talk first.

"Don't you dare leave that house." My heart tightened as I tried to cling to his voice for a bit longer. Suddenly it hit me making my heart turn to stone, he left. "Fuck off." With that, I hung up and continued to climb out of my window.

My torso was on fire and my breathing was heavy as I tried to keep the painful tears at bay. A pair of large warm hands made me freeze in my off-positioned self. I was soon lifted away from the wall, the person being extra careful with my side which made me wonder if it was a threat or not.

I turned once I was on the ground and instantly went to throw a punch but he instantly grabbed my wrist and held it by my side. I thought for a few seconds before spitting at him, my heart still pounded in my chest as I watched him wipe my spit from his face. "You left, why can't you just stay gone." I went to punch him with my other hand but he caught that one as well and held both of my hands by my side.

I went to go speak again when his mouth cut me off, I hated the way his lips made my insides melt. He left you again. I opened my mouth and bit down on his bottom lip making him let my hands go to grip my face. He pulled away and I looked down at his busted plump lips. "Fuck you, Nico." I lifted my hand and went to smack him but I couldn't. I couldn't just hit him because I know that he would never hit me, just hurt me mentally.