live a little

"Look who's back," Nikki grins savagely, looking Sophie up and down. "What're you doing up here?"
She had stormed up as soon as Claire had left. She was so embarrassed after being seduced by a man like Nikki that she had to leave in a mess, brushing off Sophie's attempts at reassurance.
Sophie stares dauntingly at Nikki, back as straight as a poker.
"Stay away from my friends, Sixx. I don't care who you are, I'll ruin your life if you play with mine."
A scornful smile creeps to his lips.
"For a girl who makes a whole lotta threats, you sure don't do a lot of anything. But sure, let's play this game again."
Sophie's expression flashes white hot with anger.
"Take me seriously."
"Stop begging."

She struggles to restrain herself from wringing his neck. She'd like to see him crumple to the ground and plead with her. At the same time, she has to banish an odd thought that notices how startling his plush lips look snarled.

"I'm not joking," she continues. "I'll wreck everything you've got going on. Fuck with me again, I dare you."
Nikki sighs, unimpressed with her theatrics, but Sophie's quite astonished at her own language. She's almost as bad as him.

"Alright, Princess, you'd better come in. Let's talk."
Sophie doesn't speak, too surprised to answer. It hadn't been what she'd expected he would say.
"Fuck, come inside, it's not a damn trap."

Sophie looks at him begrudgingly. She doesn't quite believe him. She wouldn't put it past the group of freaks to have some sick torture waiting for her.
"Hurry up, let's just sort this out. Then you can leave and we won't bother each other anymore."

Sophie can't exactly argue with that. If she has to talk it out in order to never see him again, she will.
"Fine, but it had better be quick."
"Why?" Nikki asks as he opens the door wide. "Got somewhere to be?"
Sophie scrunches her nose. "None of your business."
He shrugs and shows her in.
"Sit anywhere, I guess. The boys went to drop our friend Sandy off."
A very close friend, Sophie had observed.

The penthouse is a step dirtier than it was the last time she'd seen it, but Sophie can see the appeal underneath the mess. She surveys the room with refreshed hatred for he who took it from her.
She chooses to sit on a plush sofa, one with the least amount of clothes and junk on it. Nikki collapses next to her, resting his elbows atop its back.
When Sophie says nothing, he realises it's up to him to make conversation.
"I'm sorry for hitting on your friend before," he sighs, rolling his head to look at Sophie. "I was just teasing."
She doubts it, but she nods in acknowledgment anyway. "Are you still high on whatever you were on?"
Nikki laughs.
"Maybe."
Sophie stands up, frustrated.
"I'm can't do this. You're just playing your little games again. You won't even remember this tomorrow."
"Aw, c'mon. Don't go." He grabs her wrist and she shakes him off with a frown.

"Sorry," Nikki shrugs, dropping his hands.
"But seriously, don't leave. Let's just get over ourselves, huh? I won't get in your way again."
Finally, a glimpse of hope.
"Fine," replies Sophie. "Are you just saying all this because you're afraid I'll send you to jail?"
He chuckles. "That's definitely a possibility. You scared me a bit with your whole 'I'll call the cops' thing before. And hey, you know those hookers you sent? They were dressed up as cops. You've got a real mean sense of humour."