39. Family knows best

Cong had not contacted Wei ying about the meeting yet. The following day Wei ying was in a cab to meet someone, when he noticed a car following him since the time he started from home. 

He asked the driver to slow down the cab and waited for the tailing car to pass. And unexpectedly, it did overtake them. 

But when he reached the destination, the car was already there. While Wei ying was debating inside his head whether to get down or return home, the door of the particular car opened and Madam Jiang with Jiang cheng got out. 

"Come out dumbass." Jiang cheng said, looking at Wei ying's cab for which he received a strict glare from his mother. 

'And here I thought Xichen ge is no longer worried about Cong's issue.' 

Wei ying was not amused that Xichen didn't stop him from going out alone.  

His family didn't question his motives and patiently waited with him. 

When it was lunch hour, the expected guest arrived and Madam Jiang pulled Wei ying's arm slightly stating she would help him. 

"Trust me. This person requires special treatment and I can give that." 

Wei ying hadn't forgotten the energy of the purple lightning yet, hence he agreed. 

Didn't know what Madam Yu spoke to the person, the person's face showed fear and horror in the end.

Wei ying was sure that the matter was a success. 

Back at home, at night Wei ying received a message from Cong's assistant asking whether he is available the next day. 

After replying to the text, he didn't feel at ease, keeping it from the family. And somehow he felt that Xichen knows what is happening, though he doesn't have deep knowledge of what it was all about. 

Hence Wei ying himself walked up to Xichen's room and told him that he had something to share. 

He cannot share immortals secrets to anyone, so he just informed Xichen that he is meeting Cong at his penthouse the following day. 

"I am glad you opened up. Now I don't have to secretly follow you guys anymore." 

Wei ying gave out an embarrassed smile. 

"About Lan.." 

"I know. There are our men outside Cong's home. I really understand that there is something you guys cannot tell us, but I really appreciate that you decided to not at least act all normal." 

Xichen almost took Wei ying in a hug, but suddenly stopped like it was the right thing, to not hug his brother-in-law. 

"Sorry about that Wuxian. I just felt that somehow Wangji wouldn't like it."

Meanwhile Lan zhan's chest felt itchy, but soon became better. 

"Why would Lan zhan mind it? Lan zhan is not a small minded person." 

By saying that Wei ying took the initiative to take Xichen in a friendly hug. He didn't know that his action caused his husband to have a stuffy feeling in chest throughout the night. 

Before leaving for his room, Wei ying constantly reminded Xichen that he would be fine and he would definitely ask for his help, if needed. 

For Cong, his day didn't start happily as his wife who argued with him last night about letting Hui shen out, packed her luggage and left home. But he was not willing to stop her and waste his time, as he would be having powers in a few hours which his wife cannot offer him. 

The waiting time was up, and Cong was finally in the penthouse. He let the guards bring Lan zhan in and ordered them to leave the building as soon as the job was done. Since he cannot have his guards around, he carried two guns for safety purposes. 

Wei ying felt the climax scene nearing when he entered the unfinished building in the middle of nowhere. He had to take stairs as the lift had not been set up yet. But unlike the other floors, the penthouse was completely finished. 

Cong was sitting there on a couch, next to him was a piece of furniture to which Lan zhan was tied up to. 

"Don't make me wait any longer. Say it soon." 

"Free him first" 

Cong cut the ropes except the one binding the arms and held one of his guns behind Lan zhan to have control over the situation. 

Wei ying remained silent. 

"Now" Cong shouted. 

"I don't need y…….." Wei ying couldn't complete it. 

"I don't think I can give up on Yin zi." 

Wei ying said after hesitating for a while, irritating Cong further.  

Cong pulled the trigger in slow motion, ready to fire. 

"Don't play me." Cong was not willing to wait. 

At this moment Cong suddenly had an idea. Why would he waste his time on Lan Wangji, when he could shoot Wuxian himself. That way he need not wait for the metal's permission to become its owner. 

Also he was confident that Wei wuxian cannot hurt him, if not he would have ended him already. 

"Die" Cong fired the gun, aiming at Wei ying, which Lan zhan couldn't see, as the guy was standing behind him. 

Since Lan zhan expected the bullet to mark him, he stood straight, not moving an inch from his place. 

Wei ying laughed as the bullet travelled towards him. When the bullet was about to kiss his skin, a black shield emerged out of nowhere protecting him and the bullet was shattered into pieces. 

The dumbfounded Cong pulled the trigger and fired rapidly, but none of the bullets seemed to go out. That's when his eyes moved to the gun which had gone disfigured, the barrel hanging like a dead fish now. 

Wei ying controlled his mouth from laughing out loud, not wanting to kill the serious climax mood. 

Cong pulled his other gun from inside and shot at Lan zhan this time. However he didn't expect Lan Wangji to have the same power. 

In the end, Cong had a dead fish and a windmill, one on each hand.  

"What if I can't kill you both, you still have your family members. I will kill them all." 

Lan zhan moved to Wei ying's side before Wei spoke. 

"Yin zi, this man here tried to kill your master. Show him how you feel." 

In an instant, there was a loud bang, the things on the entire house space bursted, and smithereens of glass, wood and rug were settled on the floor, leaving nothing in full. 

While this happened, Wei ying and Lan zhan were protected by the shield. But Cong ended up like a deeply burnt pan, due to the breaking and dust, but was still alive.