42. Happily ever after

A month later

Wei ying in formal attire was presented before the Sanren corporation as the founding partner as well as the majority shareholder of the company. 

Every business related article sympathized or even doubted the capabilities of the young man for taking an important role in a company which in no doubt would reach the bottom in a few days. 

Wei ying had expected this. It's a given that reputation is important for any firm. How would the public think when the ex-founding partner is convicted with the charge of murder? 

A day after Madam Sirong's death, Cong Sanren was rushed to the hospital with several injuries caused by a metal pipe on the back of his head. 

A week after being in comatose, Cong gave a statement to police that it was his nephew Hui shen who did this to him. He couldn't talk any further and fell unconscious again. In the enquiry, Hui shen repetitively told the police that his uncle had killed his aunt and it was not from the disease and so he did it to avenge. 

Hui shen told them about his last call from aunt, and Sirong's call history with the location supported his statement. But since he is considered mentally unstable due to Cong's drama last time, the jury wanted to wait till Cong's brain condition returned to normal. Because if what Hui shen told them is true, they might want to take Sirong's body for further investigation. 

It was then Wei ying pitched in with the health check up reports of Sirong, which Hui shen handed him on the day of Sirong's funeral. There were reports from a fertility center which showed Sirong's constant health check ups every quarter, and her medications to have a baby though she was already in her 40s. 

None of her previous reports showed any signs of brain ailments. Without wasting any time, Sirong's body was examined to determine the cause of her death. 

As soon as Cong woke up from his long sleep in a few days, he was informed that he was being arrested for Investigation. 

On a day in the following week, Wei ying sat as an audience in the courtroom when Cong was brought inside in a wheelchair. Cong's lips twitched to put the blame on Hui shen once again, but he swallowed the thought as soon as his eyes fell on Wei ying. 

He was finally proved as guilty. He was to serve a lifetime sentence in the prison for special people. 

'Special people?'

It was then the jury quoted Cong's body being paralyzed on one side due to the critical brain injury. Hui shen was also asked to serve 10 years in the special prison considering his mental instability. 

The estates, assets including the company got directly transferred to the heir of the family, Wei wuxian by the order of the government. When Wei ying thought that the statute of limitations had already passed for his parents death, Cong himself dug his own grave by killing his wife. 

In the same courtroom where once Wei ying felt disappointed due to his inability to punish the bad guy, he witnessed the universe forcing Cong to live in hell. 

At Jiang residence

"Idiot, mother is looking for you." 

Jiang cheng had come with Xichen to fetch the couple from their room, to celebrate the victory. 

Xichen blinked twice at Jiang cheng, and Jiang cheng didn't hesitate to do as per the signal he received. 

He hugged Wei ying, and Xichen smiled at his baby brother innocently. 

Unexpectedly, Wei ying pushed Jiang cheng and hugged his husband instead. He even initiated a gentle kiss, for which Lan zhan responded gladly. 

"Ahhhhgh, dog cheng"