A Sick Day

Diavolo sneezes, and sniffs.

"Are you ok, young master?" Barb asks as he carries Diavolo more kleenex.

"Yeah just a bit congested hehe" Diavolo giggles trying to stay in high spirits.

Luci got a call from Barb warning him about coming over to Diavolo's castle because of the cold he got. Of course Lucid went frantically over to see if he was doing ok. Luci arrives and bursts through the door.

"Is Diavolo doing alright?"

"Yes, he's in good spirits despite his conditions" Barb says with a smile.

Luci runs to Diavolo and sighs.

"Luci? What are you- ehec ehec" Diavolo coughs.

Luci's frightened outlook dies down just like this stance.

"I'm going to stay here for a bit, I hope you don't mind," Luci says in a calm manner.

Diavolo shakes his head and lays down.

"I'm going to take a nap then" Diavolo says as he closes his eyes.

"Ok"

Barb looks behind a corner. To see his master sleeping calms him. He smiles and looks at Luci also staring at Diavolo napping. The smile on Barb fades.

"One day, Diavolo will find someone he loves, whether that be someone I don't know, or someone I know too well" Barb says to himself, "He will slowly drift away from me, and want to hang out more with people who are like him, not like me, who just slows him down, but when that happens...what will I do?"

Barb walks back to what he was doing. Luci was also keeping his eye on Barb knowing what he was feeling. One day, Diavolo will find someone near and dear to him. He got jealous real fast. The jealousy went away as soon as he heard Diavolo breathing funny. He tilts his head over to Diavolo. His cheeks were bright red, and he seemed to have trouble breathing. He definitely had a fever which made Luci panic. He was lucky a towel was near him. He snatched it and ran to the kitchen faster than he ever had. He put cold water on it and fumbled with it until he reached Diavolo where he put it on his head. It didn't help Diavolo's breathing though. He had to think of a way to calm him down, so he woke him up.

"Diavolo...Diavolo! Wake up!"

Diavolo's eyes slowly opened.

"L-Luci...I- Ah~ Why am I-"

"Just shut up for a second!" Luci yelled back frantically.

Diavolo stays silent. His breathing starts to go back to normal, but Luci knew he was trying too hard.

"I'll leave you to rest Diavolo...have a good night" Luci says as he heads towards the door.

"NO!" Diavolo shouts.

The shout startled Luci and he looked towards Diavolo again.

"Stay...ugh...stay here...with me..." Diavolo says calming down.

Luci turns his body to Diavolo and walks back down.

"Oh-Ok?"

"Just...stay here until I get better please?"

"I have brothers to take care of Diavolo"

"Don't worry about them right now" Diavolo whines.

"But-"

"It's an order"

Luci had no comeback. It was an order, and he had to follow.

"Ok...fine...I'll stay here"

Diavolo didn't smile. He continued to keep his breathing in place. He grabbed Luci's hand and dragged it to his chest.

"Stay...with...me~" Diavolo says as he drifts off to sleep.

Luci had nothing better to do, so he stayed close to Diavolo, but everyone needed sleep, so Luci sat down on the floor holding on to Diavolo, and closed his eyes to drift off into sleep.

Diavolo woke up in the middle of the night. His fever was still there, but he looked at Luci asleep, hand in hand. He gripped on to his hand tighter. His fever took control of him at that moment. He dragged Luci into his bed waking him up. Luci looks at Diavolo, too tired to move away.

"What are you- Imp!" Luci started to say but was stopped by a kiss.

The kiss lasted a while but when it ended Diavolo grabbed Luci into an embrace.

"I love you, Luci"

Luci starts to blush and grips on to Diavolo and goes back to sleep. Luci wakes up in Diavolo's arms. His warm embrace made Luci feel safe. He smiles and gets closer to him.

"What're you smiling about?"

Luci shoots his head at Diavolo.

"I'm feeling a lot better now," Diavolo says with a smile.

"Great- ACHOO" Luci sneezes.

The whole room goes silent.

"Nooo I got you sick!" Diavolo panics as he gets out of bed, "Since you stayed with me all day yesterday, I'll stay with you all day today" Diavolo says with a smile.

With Diavolo, sick days aren't that bad.

💓Thank you for reading!💓