Shards

Luci enjoyed days like these with Diavolo. Sunny day, the tree branches dance in the wind, and a plastered smile stays put on Diavolo's face. It brings Luci at ease. He doesn't have to take care of his childish brothers, or worry about pleasing Diavolo. Today was a relaxing day like no other. The two were going shopping together.

"Hey Luci!" Diavolo announced, "How does this jacket look on me"

Luci couldn't help but chuckle at the baggy jacket on Diavolo.

"I'm sorry lord Diavolo but that makes you look like a gangster"

Diavolo blushes from embarrassment and puts the jacket back on the rack. The two look around for clothes but don't come across anything that catches their eyes. Therefore, the two call it quits. Just before they were able to leave, the door to the shop slams open causing the whole store to jump. The person who walked in was dressed in all black and armed with a gun. The two knew what was going on but weren't ready for it.

"Everyone!! Shut up and get down!!" The man shouted without hesitating to pull the trigger while on the ceiling causing people to squeal.

Diavolo knew he needed to do something to protect Luci. Luci thought the same thing. Diavolo jumped into action.

"Get out of here!"

The ireful man turned towards the red haired king and swung the gun around as a threat.

"Leave!!" Luci shouts at the man

The man seemed to listen when he realized that the red haired boy was none other than king Diavolo. Before he left he made sure to hurt others. He swung his arm towards the window and shattered it to pieces. Unfortunately, Diavolo and Luci were close to the window with Luci standing the closest. Before the shards could get into his skin Diavolo wrapped his arm around Luci causing the glass to attach to him leaving Luci unharmed. With that, the man left.

"Diavolo?" Luci questions

Diavolo stays quiet but moves his arms away from Luci. Luci could see parts from the window in Diavolo's skin causing Luci to panic. The shopkeepers closed the store forcing everyone out. How convenient.

"I apologize for not being able to protect you my lord I promise to-"

"I was protecting you"

Luci looks up into Diavolo's lost eyes. They both stay in awkward silence walking home.

"How's your arm?" Luci questions breaking the silence

"It uh- kinda hurts haha!" Diavolo laughs

Luci looks down feeling guilty. The two walk and talk until they make it to the House Of Lamentation. Luci immediately guides Diavolo to his room and forces him down. Every touch causes pain to Diavolo.

"You're going to have to stay still and let me pull the glass out. Barb isn't home right now"

Diavolo looks down but agrees to let him. Luci sits down beside Diavolo and grabs a pair of tweezers and starts getting to work. Luci starts picking carefully with the tweezers making sure the glass doesn't stick into his skin. Luci was so focused that he didn't realize the pain in poor Diavolo's face. He'd grit his teeth every time a piece of glass is pulled out. Luci happened to look up at Diavolo while he was closing his eyes trying not to flinch.

"Are you ok lord Diavolo?"

Diavolo nods while looking down trying to hide his face from Luci. It didn't stop Luci from worrying that he was hurting him.

"Maybe we should take a break"

Luci puts down the tweezers and sits in silence with Diavolo. Diavolo looks up at Luci's emotionless expression plastered on his charming face. It was hard to tell, but it made Diavolo's heart skip a beat.