1

Ela's point of view
It was a weird day. My best friends Ekim and Leyla danced for a while before we have to head to school. We were eating breakfast and I was anxiously sitting and watching them dance.

I used to love to dance as well but now somehow the love I once used to have has vanished. For quite some time now I feel an emptiness inside me, a hole eating me alive that I can't fix. My best friends know of my situation and try to lift my mood whenever they can. Even though I might not be saying it but I love them a lot for it.

"Come on Ela, we're waiting for you" both of them called me. "No, I can't..." I smiled but they didn't listen and pulled me up with them. After finally feeling at ease I looked at my watch and saw that we were late for school. "Come on girls because of you guys we're running late again. We have to go now" I joked even though I never liked to follow rules.

Not in a bad way of course. I had to realise where my limits were the hard way and I learned a lot from it so much that I am right now not looking forward on turning up late to class. "As if five minutes will make your marks more worse than they are" Leyla said jokingly.

We rushed to school and Bekir our friend of the neighbourhood scared us

We rushed to school and Bekir our friend of the neighbourhood scared us. "Bekir you idiot you scared me to death" Leyla said and we all were laughing. I took a closer look at my friends and sudden realisation hit me when I recognised the logo on Leyla's sweatshirt. "Girl, where did you got that sweatshirt from? It's not from our school?" If I only knew that this was only the start.

‚Gerçek koleji', I despised that place to my core. It holds so many of the most miserable moments in my life whereas those used to be my happiest moments once but that all changed. I try to not overthink a lot about that period but I never seem to outrun my thoughts. I am not fooling myself, I wasn't an angel during that time. I did many horrible things which I regret deeply.

"Don't worry I just have it, even though their school is pretty cool... imagine I could gain a scholarship there my life wishes would be fulfilled" Leyla started to ramble again whereas Ekim and I looked at each other and laughed. Her admiration for that school is sickening. Whereas I used to be like that too. Exited for a scholarship and going to that school. It's an elite school to which only rich kids go to. It has the image of the perfect school, teachers and possibilities but that's only an illusion.

I know that because I went there for a short period and I know how fast that illusion can crash because once you step foot into that school, you'll get crushed and wish you never found out about that school. It still hurts to think about my time there that's why I'd rather forget that topic but with a friend like Leyla that seems impossible. "What's going on with you? You are so obsessed with that school. It's sickening. It's just a normal school in the end just like ours" Ekim began and I was thankful she shared the same opinion as me.

Annoyingly, Leyla's phone rang the third time on our way which seemed suspicious. Ekim and I started to laugh and tried to pester her if she's hiding something from us to which she only rejected. "We know exactly you're hiding something, show us that phone!" I laughed while I was able to take her phone. "Come on are you a child? Give that back!" Leyla and Ekim laughed as Leyla tried to catch me. "No, I won't! We're best friends we don't hide things from each other ever! Who are you writing with?" I laughed as I threw Ekim the phone. "Can you believe she's hiding something from us?" I laughed as Ekim held the phone. "Come now if you want it, you have to come and get it" to which Leyla ran forward.

Then suddenly, a moment happened which will forever be printed on my mind. Leyla is Running and suddenly a car is crashing her. This image appears and appears again and I seem to loose my hold on reality. Leyla. Car. Leyla. I don't get what's happening once the responsible person in the car made face contact and I swear I recognised those eyes somewhere. They're full of regret once the car is leaving.

Have you ever felt yourself unable to move? Because that's what I felt like in that moment. My feet didn't react, more importantly my mind didn't react. I was frozen to the ground and only came to my senses once Ekim started running to Leyla. She was lying on the ground bleeding and not moving. I'll never be able to shake that sight off. "Oh my god why is nobody calling an ambulance?" I screamed with fear because on that day I felt endless hopeless for the first time in my life and was worried sick if my best friend was going to get out of this safe.

Ekim and I rushed to the hospital and waited for information about Leyla's condition. I saw Ekim's hand trembling and took her hand in mine. "It'll all be okay you hear me? She'll be fine and the three of us will leave this hospital together okay?" I tried to assure her and we hugged each other as our other friends of school came.
They asked us why we didn't call them earlier but I could quite grasp a hold of reality. That scene still repeats before my eyes and I feel tears coming up. If I only hadn't taken that stupid phone then Leyla wouldn't be in this position.

"I'll quickly go to the bathroom" I told Ekim as I rushed to the bathroom. I closed the door and already felt my throat closing in. I tried to breath in deep and concentrate till I felt my breath coming back but I still couldn't shake the guilty feeling off that I had so I started to pick on my skin, my wrist and my fingers without actually realising what I'm doing.

I just needed to feel hurt so that the guilt feeling would vanish so I picked on my skin and repeated until I saw the starting of blood and still picked. Once my foggy mind cleared I cleaned my wrists and fingers so that no one would see it and stood before the mirror. Sometimes it's quite funny how some months ago I used to be this happy and different person. A person that was full of life and joy. A person that is long gone and only a living corpse remained. Well, that's me.

I returned to my friends and quickly called my father to see if he could look after my little sister. After my mother left us, he struggled a lot so I look after my sister to help him out but now with the accident he had to leave work early so that he can look after my sister since I'm at the hospital. Then finally the doctor came after we waited anxiously. Ekim rushed to ask him about Leyla's well-being to which he finally replied "She had severe complications in the operation but is stable. However regarding the strength of the accident she won't be able to walk first and will have to use a wheelchair as well as attending physical therapy. Get well soon."

My world probably stopped there twice that day. She won't be able to walk. Regret fills me and I feel my breath closing in again as if sending my anxiety Ekim takes my hand and we leave the hospital together since we can't see Leyla right now.

(Note: Okay, I am super exited to post the first chapter of my story since no one is writing any duy beni fanfics and I'm obsessed with that show

(Note: Okay, I am super exited to post the first chapter of my story since no one is writing any duy beni fanfics and I'm obsessed with that show. In the next chapter there'll be more of Ela and Kanat but I'm still figuring out where I'll head with this story and all. I'm currently almost done with the first episode so there'll be around two other chapters of the first episode. Also all characters expect for Ela and her family belong to the writer of the show this is purely fiction.🤗🫶 also the gifs are from @demctozdemir 🥰)