2

Once at home, I go to my little sisters room. Rüya is probably already sleeping but once I open the door I see her holding her stuffed animal. "Ela, I waited for you. Is Leyla okay?" she asked me with concern. "Hi sweetheart, she will be okay soon" I tried to tell her but my voice broke down and I started to cry. "Do not cry sister it will all be okay" she started to hug me. Gosh for a five years old girl she surely knows a lot. After some time we both fall asleep but I only see that scene before my eyes. Leyla. Car. Wheelchair. Those words hunt my dreams and the guilty feeling will haunt me for a long time as well.

The next weeks pass in a blur since I can not get myself to leave my room. Life is so unfair sometimes and it hits you exactly when you do not expect it. Leyla had so many dreams and wishes and now that 17 years old girl is stuck in a wheelchair and it's my fault. I pass my room and look at the pictures of my mom and me. I stopped and realised that this was exactly one year before she left my dad and me alone.

I took the picture and let it feel to the floor emotionlessly. She does not deserve to have that place on my desk once she left us. My eyes roam to the other pictures. There's one of Rüya and me hugging each other and my dad smiling behind us then there's another of Leyla, Ekim and me sitting together at the start of school last year and then there's one picture that I thought was already thrown away.

It was me and Kanat having a picknik on my 16th birthday. We were together for roughly a year back then and seemed so happy. For some reason, I can't get myself to throw the picture away. Not because I still mourn our time but as a reminder. A reminder that I'll never return to those days.

Flashback 8 months ago
"Good Morning, my love" Kanat's raspy voice woke me out of my sleep. We were in his bed and he was smiling at me "I know you want to sleep but we'll be late to school" he started to convince me and played with my hair. However I wouldn't budge and slapped his hand jokingly away "I don't care about that school. They can do whatever they want. Moreover, we have other plans for today" I stated to which he leaned forward and touched my cheek "Did you already plan your revenge, chaos bringer?" gosh that nickname makes me crazy. "Of course, the plan is already going according" I smirked mischievously. If only I knew that the following hours would change everything......

 If only I knew that the following hours would change everything

—————

You know looking at this picture one would think that we were the perfect friendly couple but we were so far away from it. Our relationship started cute and adorable but then somewhere from the middle it changed a lot. We did many cruel and horrible things, actions, that I regret fully and never wish to return to. That's why I ended our relationship. Not only because of that of course but I don't want to think about it. Kanat is the last person I want to see in a while and I probably won't see him for a long time or so I thought.

The next day my door flew open and Ekim rushed to my room. "Kanka, you won't believe what happened. At the day of the accident Bekir's brother called the whole neighbourhood and claimed he saw the car going into that rich kids school and out of the sudden once he went inside he changed his mind but that's not even it. The school is offering four scholarships to our school"

Wait, did she say rich kids school? Why didn't I think about it before?. I recognised the eyes of the driver so I must know him from there. My thought rambled on as Ekim interrupted them "but that's no it. Think about it closer. They're only trying to shut us up because they know that they're at fault and Bekir's brother must hide something as well. So we have to win those scholarships and find the person who is at fault on our own" I stopped her "Ekim I am not so sure you know what I went through in that school. I can't go in there again. These people they all know me and what I did in the past" "but you changed, she interrupted me, and you won't go back to those days I'll make sure of it and we will somehow figure it out that you avoid your ex boyfriend I promise it. Please Ela we have to do this for Leyla" I shoot her a look and she got me and she knew it once she smiles "Alright, we'll do it for Leyla" I nodded.

The next week was the big day. My father was opposed to the idea of me returning to that school since he witnessed my mental breakdown before I decided to return to my old school but I convinced him that it'll be okay. "Honey if anything does not go the way you want it, you'll call me and you can immediately return to your school and if anything happened with Kanat..." "Dad, it's okay!" I quickly interrupt him.

The thought of meeting Kanat kept me up all night anyways since I know I will not be able to avoid him forever no matter what you do. Once they want something, they get it anyway. I head to meet up with Ekim who is waiting for me. I saw her before the bakery and hugged her. "Are you ready?" I asked her and she nodded.

"I went to Leyla's before and Ela she said you stopped coming the last week and is worried about you returning to that school. What's going on?" she started to ask but I only shrugged her of. It's not quiet true, I went to Leyla's everyday but once before her door I leave. The guilty feeling is eating me alive. This was her dream and it feels bad going to that school instead of her or more specifically returning to that school.

(Note: Here is the second chapter

(Note: Here is the second chapter. In the next one Ela and Kanat will meet each other after their breakup so exited for it🤗 also in the flashbacks Ela has longer hair and in the present she'll have shorter hair. I'm just trying to find perfect gifs for it. The gifs are from @demctozdemir she has an amazing gif pack.)