8

I was shocked staring at the mask in Kanat's locker. "You", I whispered in disbelief whereas it was actually clear he had something to do with Leyla's accident. I suspected them from the beginning but now standing here and seeing this I actually feel disappointed. I thought that maybe he changed for the better after he helped me with my panic attack. I was sure that he changed. While we were together it did not bother me that much because I did things that were worse than what he has done but I changed and I wished he had changed too but obviously that is not the case.

He heard me and quickly shut his locker while he turned around and looked at me in shock

He heard me and quickly shut his locker while he turned around and looked at me in shock. His eyes were screaming it's not what it looks like or that's just me hoping he would say that. He slowly started to approach me how a predator would approach his prey. "Did you want to say something?" he asked me to which I shook my head. "You said ‚You' and stopped" he started but I could not really adapt to what he was saying. "It's nothing" I whispered and started to walk away not believing what I saw.

I walked to my class and took my bag with me to leave but was stopped by Bekir who was asking me where I'm going

I walked to my class and took my bag with me to leave but was stopped by Bekir who was asking me where I'm going. "I am not feeling well, Bekir" I started and he looked at me worried "did someone say anything?" he asked concerned but I just wanted to leave so I said that I have a headache and left the classroom.

As I was walking towards the entrance of the school our teacher Selim spotted me and stopped me. "Ela what's going on?" I quickly said that I was going home to which he asked if something happened and if I wanted to talk but I shrugged it off and said I have a headache to which he nodded so that I left.

I was walking on the street and my heart was beating like crazy since I still could not believe what happened. I was confused and did know that I can not call Selcuk abi because I know of Kanat's family situation and I can't do that to him. However, I need some answers and someone to tell what happened so I called Ekim but she didn't pick up because she's probably in class where I ironically would be too.

As I looked up from my phone I saw Kanat staring at me from his car and time seemed to freeze. It's so crazy how he still has that effect on me how the atmosphere heats up and it's as if only him and I exist. My heart beats so fast that I had to look away and started to walk ahead. He must now that I'm suspecting something because he knows me. But I can not let that stop me because we promised to find out what happened to Leyla and I can't let Kanat interfere in that.