Chapter Thirteen: I'll Always Come to Save You, Tesoro

Antonio's POV

Antonio's POV

I felt a chill run down my back as Armani's end of the call went silent. I kept on repeatedly saying her name with no reply. I could barely pick up on the audio on the other end. It sounded like she had dropped her phone on the street side and there was a muffled male voice--a voice I grew to dread every time I heard it.

Suddenly, I grew very furious. Where was the guard I sent to always look after her? By the time I was done, he better be begging on his knees for forgiveness.

I kept the phone up to my ear as I rummaged through my closet grabbing a sweat jacket and grabbing my keys off the table, before rushing to my car and speeding off the property.

As I drove along the long highway back to the main city, I grew very anxious--nauseous even. I was driving as fast as I could as I was going 100 mph on a 50 mph street. But, what if it wasn't enough? What if I didn't make it to save my Belleza?

I didn't make it in time for Giorgia. History always found a way to repeat itself. What if that time was now?

I felt myself hyperventilating, struggling to breathe at the mere thought that another innocent woman's death could be on my hands just because she associated with me.

The street lamps glimmered overhead as I cruised in a rush across the open road. I gripped tightly on the steering wheel till my knuckles turned pale white and dug my foot into the gas pedal, wishing my car to go even faster.

"Please, be okay," I kept praying out loud over and over again, hoping my wish would be granted.

Armani's POV

"Nico, what are you doing here?" I managed to question after finally finding my voice.

To say I was scared was an understatement, I was about to shit my pants scared. The gut feeling that I had about him wasn't wrong in the slightest. Who knew one innocent interaction could turn so sour?