Chapter Twenty Four- Meet the In-Laws and Old Encounters

Armani's POV

Armani's POV

After about 30 minutes of sea travel, we finally approached Antonio's parents' mystery estate which was only accessible by water. If that wasn't dramatic, I don't know what is. The beautiful Italian mansion was surrounded by green shrubbery and tall sky-high trees that only exemplified the beauty of the home.  At the docking place, there was a concrete staircase trimmed with intricate, engraved fencing leading up to the home's entrance. The home itself had curved windows and balconies galore with fancy creamish columns to frame it that complimented the peachy stucco walls and brown trimming of the roof.

The Estate

Long story short, the home was beautiful; all I could do was look at the home in awe

Long story short, the home was beautiful; all I could do was look at the home in awe. But, I couldn't deny the amount of nerves that formulated in my stomach and the hundreds of guards surrounding the place didn't help my nerves either. As if sensing my change in mood, Antonio leaned over and kissed my forehead softly, while squeezing my hand tightly.

"It'll be alright, Tesoro," he spoke enchantingly with his usual smirk, "I won't let you leave my sight once."

I shook my head in response and tried to sike myself up for the night ahead. Little did I know that night was going to be filled with more drama then I could imagine.

As we approached the moat, the captain--a short, stocky built older man with graying curly mane--of our little boat got out and quickly tied the boat to a steel pole, before signaling that we could get out of the boat.

Antonio stepped foot onto the platform first to make sure the captain had actually did his job. I'm sure the seasoned man did, but I couldn't deny the smile that crossed my face at the small gesture. I placed my one hand gently into his while my other hand held my gown up as I allowed my gold sparkly heel to touch the aged step. Once I was all situated, Antonio led us up the staircase, pass all the guards once they confirmed our identity, and into the house, where the party was just getting started.

As we entered the villa, I was even more amazed by the architecture that surrounded us. This home was beautiful with its high ceilings that was decorated by mosaic art and held up by more stone carved columns with intricate designs embedded in the material. We stood at the top of a grand staircase that entered into the main floor. That was all I could see of the room because it was littered by hundreds of guests dressed to the nines in their formal wear. A chill rain down my neck thinking that all the people in this room were in some form of a way related to the mafia.