chapter eight - tacky red lace

"What are you wearing?!" Robin says as I get up from the curb. I can't blame him for his reaction. My usual go-to band shirt and jeans was no where to be seen, instead replaced by a short black skirt with a tank top that I cut so it showed my midriff. I wore a push up bra underneath that I stole from my mom. It was tacky red lace which I would never actually wear but I'm busy conveying a message to be wearing what I want. Im grateful we have the same cup size. I slaved away at my vanity this morning trying to attempt a smokey eye but last night was even worse. I used my last disposable razor shaving every last hair that wasn't on my head. It was very inconvenient and wasted all my homework time.

"What? you don't like it?" I say with a smirk, giving him a little spin. He squints his eyes at me and I laugh.

"Are you sure you want to go to school in that? You know this will just cause more rumours to spr-" He says but I shush him. Im glad he worries about me but I'll be fine.

"Shhh Its okay." I laugh.

Robin does everything he can to not look at me throughout the entire walk even when I interrupt him mid conversation and tell him its okay to look at me but he explains how he's trying to be more respectful to women since he got caught staring at a pretty girl in his history class. I'm surprised he doesn't have a girlfriend yet.

-

When will I catch a break? Everyone was looking at me again as I passed through the halls but if my hypothesis is correct then they should forget about me within the next week. It looks like their eyes are popping out of their skulls but I try not to act on impulse and cover myself up.

I get to my locker and Vance isn't there yet, I wonder what he'll think when he sees me. I try get out a razzle from the back of my locker but find a lollipop instead, if I'm trying to look like a slut might as-well act like one right. I unwrap the lollipop and put it on my tongue as Vance walks past. He immediately falls over and quickly picks himself back up again.

"The fuck? Why do you look like that?" Vance accidentally spits at me. He quickly looks away and back into his locker as I lean against mine.

"What? I thought you would be into it." I joke but I think he took it seriously because of the purple wad of bubble gum that fell onto the floor straight from his mouth. "Jeez calm down I was only joking. I'm dressed like this to make a point" I say with the lollipop still in my mouth.

"What point. That the rumours are true?" he says and I shove him. I take the lollipop out of my mouth, cuss him out for a couple minutes, and put the lollipop back in. "Someones sensitive. You don't have to do this if you don't want to you know. I'm sure theres another way of getting-" he paused "whatever you're trying to achieve." Vance says but before I can respond this big bodied, bruised face guy whistles at me. This must be Moose, Robin sure did a number on him. He keeps looking at me weird and its making me really uncomfortable.

"Dumb shit." Vance mumbles and Moose turns around to look at him.

"Fuck you say?" Moose says approaching Vance and squaring up.

"I said. Dumb. Shit." Vance said loudly but then the bell rings causing Moose to loosen his fists.

"You're fuckin' lucky." Moose says, storming away.

I look over at Vance and he hands me his jacket, I quickly hand it back remembering what I'm trying to do. I get my books and walk off to class, suddenly feeling Vances gaze on my back again but I don't mind it anymore. Fortunately yet Unfortunately right as I enter class, the announcement bell chimes and I hear..

"y/n l/n could you please come to the principals office."

All eyes lay onto me as I make my way back out of class and towards the principals office. I could think of plenty of things this could be about and thats honestly a little concerning considering I've only been here for not even a week.

I walk in and see the senior girl with a taped up nose and an ice pack to her head. She looks fucked, did I really do that to her? Next to her standing up is an officer. I take a seat next to her and the principal clears her throat.

"Ms Smith here is claiming you did this to her. Is that true?" The principal asks. I thought she couldn't get anymore basic but I was wrong, her last name is Smith.

"Were there any witnesses?" I joke anxiously but no one laughs. I mean what do they expect of course I'm freaked out, they brought the police into this!

"Ms l/n I need a yes or no answer. I expected better from you girls" She sighed. "I'm going to have to dress code you too." she adds, shaking her head in disappointment.

"Okay fine. I broke her nose. So what? I probably fixed her plastic nose by making it look more natural so I deserve a thanks right?" I say in a huff. The basic bitch stands up and is about to say something before the officer calms her down, isn't he supposed to arrest me now?

"Im glad you admitted to it. Now can you give Lindsey an apology?" She asks. Lindsey Smith, she keeps getting more basic by the second. I'm confused, did the principal miss out on the whole slut shaming thing? I think I deserve an apology too.

"If I do can I get an apology back? She did let the whole school know how much of a slut I am after all." I say and the officer gasps at my foul language like a pussy.

"I'm not apologising for doing something I didn't. Tell them daddy I would never do such a thing!" She says in that whiny high pitched voice. Of course thats her dad how am I so stupid.

-

That went on for way too long. At the end she called me a slut and her dad took her home as I was getting dress coded. Before I noticed, school was over pretty quickly so I headed back home. Of course I got yelled at by my dad because of what I was wearing but I didn't care until he locked me in my room. Does he want me to die of boredom in here? I open my window and look down at the drop, I can make it. What better place to sneak out to then Vances place. I hope he doesn't mind me coming over uninvited.