chapter twelve - cherry slushies

!THIS CHAPTER IS BACK IN Y/NS POV AND WILL BE FOR ALL OTHER CHAPTERS UNLESS SAID OTHERWISE!

I'm pissed. I make my way into the Grab 'n go and go towards the pinball machine putting in a quarter. The machine lights up and the music begins to play, I sigh trying to stay focused on the game instead of what happened. Maybe I am being a bitch but I don't care. I begin to play and I continue to do so until I get interrupted which is by the time school ends where kids are beginning to flood in.

"Do you want anything to drink? You've been here for a while." A dark haired boy probably around my age asks, standing next to me carefully watching me play. I look over for a split second but then go back to playing, his name tag says "Matty" on it.

"Is a cherry slushy too much to ask for? I can pay." I ask him still focusing on the game. He laughs and walks off towards the slushy machine.  He comes back soon after with a red slushy in his hand, he puts it down on the closest flat surface to the pinball machine.

"It's on me. Enjoy your game." He says walking off. I smile slightly and do as he says, I'll enjoy the fuck out of my game especially when I have an attractive minimum wage Grab 'n Go cashier constantly checking up on me. It helps me forget about Vance. If I'm not gonna be able to talk with him anymore I'm allowed to move on. Well until I hear him come into the Grab 'n Go, I can feel the tension in the room already and I haven't even looked back to actually confirm that its him. When I begin to feel like I need to look back to check if its him Matty comes up to me.

"How are you wearing that? Its cold out and raining do you want my jacket?" Matty asks. Actually maybe I am a slut. Was that Smith chick was right all along? I am wearing a pair of really short jean shorts and a cropped wife beater, which I cropped myself. I think about it for a second before I answer.

"Are you hitting on me Matty?" I smirk slightly yet my eyes are still glued to the pinball machine.

"You know my name?" He questions but I can see him out of my peripherals looking down at him name take and realizing. "Oh right. Uh yeah I am I guess, you're just really pretty. I don't think I've seen you around here before." He says.

"I moved here early this week. I haven't see you around either do you not go to school?" I ask him scoring up plenty of points in pinball, Vances gaze burning right through my skin he's probably jealous.

"No I've just been suspended for the week for beating a boy up. I'll be back next week though." He says taking a sip out of my slushy but I don't mind. I extend my head a little and he holds up the slushy to my mouth, I take a sip making two seconds worth of eye contact with him before going back to pinball. During that two seconds I realize how attractive he actually is and blush a little, is this town cursed with an unnecessarily large population of hot guys or what?

"Who's your victim?" I say biting my bottom lip out of focus not whatever you thought it was you freak.

"This kid, Finney Blake or whatever his name is." He says taking another sip out of my drink again before holding it up to me so I could take a sip too, it was kinda like indirect kiss.

"Never heard of him." I say looking up at the score, Im about to beat Vances high score again. I nudge the machine and the final ball falls, why am I still doing this? I should just beat his high score and forget about him.

"You've done that every time you're about to beat pinball Vances high score. You scared he's going to beat the shit out of you?" He asks me leaning up against the wall as he watches me play.

"I'm not scared of him." I huff putting in another quarter and starting again. He shrugs and goes off to actually do his job.

-

It's closing time and I'm still playing. Matty comes up to me with my third cherry slushy. I smile at him and he begins to start to close up shop.

"We close in 5 minutes do you want me to drive you home?" He says from the other side of the Grab 'n Go. I think about it for a second then nudge the machine so it makes me loose and turns off.

"Sure. I'll wait outside." I say adjusting Matty's jacket zipping it up a little at the bottom since its cold. I grab my third cherry slushy and go outside sitting on the curb to wait for him to finish closing up. He comes out a couple minutes later locking the door of the Grab 'n Go. Now that I'm off of the game I finally get to have a good look at him. I turn around and see him locking up, he's in a pair of tight jeans that make his ass look better then mine and the Grab 'n Go employees shirt which is short sleeved so I get a good look at his arms which are slim get still muscular.

"Lets go" He turns around looking down at me. I remember Vance, when he was on top of me. So I quickly get up and clear my throat. "Do you wanna go to my place or do you just want me to drive you home? It's the weekend." He asks playing with his keys in his hand. I think about it for a second, I mean I'm trying to make Vance jealous right? Or am I being a slut? I don't even know what I'm trying to achieve but fuck it. You only live once right.

"You got a comfy bed?" I ask and he nods, starting to walk to the carpark as I follow him. His car is an old rust bucket but I'm not too fussy about cars. I get in the passenger seat and he gets in too. He puts on Africa by TOTO and starts to drive, I crank the window down a little for some fresh air since it smells like pot in here. I hum along and he occasionally glances over at me.

"You're different from the other girls that come into the Grab 'n Go." He says turning the music down a little so I can respond.

"How so?" I ask getting comfortable in the shitty car seat, stretching out a little and yawning. My shirt rides up a little.

"You're hot." He says, I swallow and my face goes a little red. He looks over at me and laughs a little. How am I always ending up in hot guys cars?