chapter eleven - bad timing

!THIS CHAPTER IS FROM VANCES POV!

I sit down on my seat and fidget with my sleeve keeping my head down. I don't want Mr Carter to see my bruises again and send me home, home is the last place I want to be right now. Class gets boring quickly, I keep looking over at y/n and remembering what happened last night well the good shit before she had to leave. Her hair looks nice today, I know she uses that vanilla shampoo I saw in her bathroom and her hair always smells like like vanilla ice cream because of it. Today she's wearing something a little less uhm- promiscuous then yesterday but it still shows alot. I need to look away before something bad happens like her looking back at me, but before I can peel my eyes away she looks at me and we make eye contact fuck. I quickly put my head down, my hair falling down over my face so she couldn't see me. Around 5 minutes later a ball of paper lands on my desk in my view and I open it.

Hey idiot, why won't you talk to me?

I know who its from by their messy yet still pretty handwriting and the black pen thats almost out of ink, shes looking at me I can feel it. I pull out my blue pen and begin to write something but stop halfway through. What am I doing? I scrunch the paper back up and put it into the trash can thats beside me. I hear a huff from her direction but I don't look. A couple minutes later I hear rustling and see another ball of paper land in front of me. I hesitate but open it up again and read it.

Let me guess, you aren't talking to me because Michael told you to not to? You keep looking at me so I know you want to.

I frown and begin to write back, theres no point in throwing it away if shes right.

bingo you win a prise

Is what I wrote. I scrunched up the piece of paper  and waited for Mr Carter to turn around before I threw it at her. I see her pick it up but before she opens it she looks back at me and smiles. I quickly put my head down but god her smile is beautiful. A couple seconds later the paper arrives back onto my desk. I open it.

Whats the prize? you?

She had crossed out "prise" and corrected it for me. I swallow my smile and start to write back remembering what I should be doing.

We cant talk anymore y/n im sorry

As Mr Carter turns to the chalkboard and starts to write out something about grammar I throw the paper to her and watch as she opens it. Her smile quickly fades and I can't help but feel bad, but I have to do this for both of us. It's either I continue on with school and life without being killed or we get found out and Michael kills me according to all the threats he made last night. The paper suddenly lands on my desk and I open it.

He won't find out if we talk at school you do know that. C'mon Vance. Robins told me all the school hookup spots.

My face heats up and I begin to write back, occasionally glancing back at her. Shes just doodling on her book like she didn't just ask to hookup during school I mean I've done it many times but her? I didn't think she would be that bold.

Don't tease me. We can't and thats final I'm sorry. micheals done this before. Now don't be a bitch about it and leave me alone.

I sigh and wait for Mr Carter to turn around again so I could throw it, I see her immediately frown and look back at me but I don't look away I don't think I can. She takes this as an opportunity to flip me off and get out of her seat starting to leave the classroom unexpectedly.

"Hey y/n, where do you think you're going?" Mr Carter says confused.

"I don't know you old fuck maybe your moms house. I wonder if she thinks I'm a bitch too" She says giving me one last look and leaving causing everyone to either laugh or gasp. Wow. I quickly get up and follow her knowing I'm the one who caused this. She's stomping down the hallway in her and I call out her name. She looks back at me but then turns back around and continues to walk out of the school as I continue to follow her. Its raining outside.

"Y/n I'm sorry I can't do anything. He would kill me." I plead as she walks, not even responding back to me.

"Why'd you try to fuck me if you knew this was how it was going to turn out?! You said he's done it before!" She yells at me. I'm taken back a little by her yelling and I stand there for a second processing what she just said. "And stop following me you fucking creep." She mutters and begins to start walking again but I just stand there.

I sigh and turn around facing back at school and see Robin and Finney leaning on the school wall beside the door, this is such bad timing they just heard everything.

"What the fuck?" Robin says taking his back off the wall "What did you do now." he walks up to me and Finney stays behind him. I hardly know either of them but Finney lives near me and I see him walk to school everyday and Robin and I only talk because of y/n.

"None of your business." I say trying to get past him but he shoves me back.

"It is my business, thats my friend. She told me all about what happened last night she really fucking likes you man and you decide to go fuck that up? Not cool." Robin says giving me a dirty look.

For the rest of the day I cant get Robins words out of my head, its playing on loop over and over again and I cant stop it. I need to do something.