chapter fourteen - déjà vu

Throughout the entire movie Vance puts his horribly misspelled messages against the window for me to read, distracting me from the vile smelling creature that sits next to me. He is currently crying his eyes out at a sad scene in the movie how embarrassing. Vance writes out a couple times how he isn't jealous but I really doubt that from the constant dirty looks he's giving Matty. He has been apologising to me for maybe the last 20 minutes about what happened in class today, I'm too caught up in mouthing "Its okay" and shaking my head to notice that the movie is over.

"What do you wanna do now?" He asks me and I quickly look over at him completely forgetting what we were even doing.

"Hm? Oh I think I have to go I totally forgot I had a curfew." I lie. I get out of the bed and go to pickup my clothes.

"What? Why wouldn't you say that before we could've gotten to the good part." He said, he sounded mad. He tried to grab my hand but he missed and grabbed the hem of my shirt instead.

"Get off of me. What the fuck are you doing?" I say trying to get his hand off of me. I eventually succeed and get the fuck on out of there as he's complaining and trying to get me to stay. I take the joint and my dirty clothes with me.

I walk out of his house and start to walk back home but before I can turn the corner someone yells "Hey wait up!" and I turn around to see Vance. "Michael isn't home do you wanna hang out?" He asks. I bite my bottom lip considering it and nod, walking back to him. "Listen, I'm sorry about today- I didn't mean to call you a bitch." He muttered.

"Its fine. Im sorry for calling you a freak- and well acting like a bitch. I shouldn't have acted like that especially disregarding the whole- Micheal hurting you thing." I say and an uncomfortable silence falls onto us.

"That doesn't matter." He says and we walk into his house together, before I can go into his room he holds me back. He goes into his room to close his blinds and turn on the lights so Matty doesn't see us. "So what do you want to do?" He asks.

"You're the one who chased after me dumbass" I laugh flopping down onto his bed looking at him.

"I can't believe you were with Matty like I thought you had standards. He's fucking ugly anyway." He huffed.

"Someones jealous. You never took me swimming in a lake." I say grabbing his lighter from his bedside table and trying to re-light Mattys shitty little joint.

"You went swimming in a lake? Is that why you were only wearing your uhm- stuff underneath that blanket." He asks and I laugh, giving him a nod. He gives me a dirty look and I continue to laugh.

"Dont act like you didn't like it. You're the one who was watching me perv." I say looking up at him, he looks at me differently when he's above me. I suddenly get déjà vu and quickly go to sit up giving myself the slightest bit of whiplash. I get up and go to look through his record collection and try to find something to put on to distract myself. Vance clears his throat and I hear him flick his lighter, most likely lighting a cigarette.

"If we're gonna hang out like this we have to try to be careful." He says taking the cigarette out of his mouth, I turn around and look back at him with a KISS 'dressed to kill' vinyl in my hand.

"Yeah I get that." I say nodding, turning back around to put the vinyl in. I turn up the volume and turn around again to see Vance smiling at me, I haven't seen him smile like this and it's giving me a weird fuzzy feeling in my stomach.

"Get changed your clothes smell like Matty and its about to make me vomit. I can get you new clothes." He says leaving the room, I finally can get all my butterflies out by doing a little victory dance before he comes back in the room.

He comes back soon after with some folded up clothes that smell like the same fabric softener that my dress did. He passes me a black baseball tee with Led Zeppelin print on it paired with some shorts which were surprisingly short for Vance.

"Those are you're shorts? And I thought I was the slut" I laugh and he chucks the clothes at me.

"They aren't mine dumbass. They're my moms but she hardly wears them." He rolls his eyes and I begin to take off my clothes forgetting that he isn't Matty and that he's not used to it. "Woah woah woah shit!" He yells covering his eyes acting like a pussy.

"You've seen me in my bra before. Plus you were perving on me like a second ago. You can look I don't give a shit." I say shrugging, continuing to get changed. Vance uncovers his eyes and looks at me for a second before he looks away. I get changed and throw Mattys clothes at Vance, he quickly throws them off of him like theres some sort of infection on them which I wouldn't doubt if there was. "I'm kinda tired.." I yawn.

"You can sleep in my bed. I'll sleep on the couch just incase Micheal comes back early and not drunk which is very unlikely." He says about to leave the room.

"Hey wait- you cant sleep here?" I say sitting down on his bed and looking at him.

"I shouldn't. Just incase of Michael, better to be too safe then sorry" He says as he walks out leaving me in his room alone. What a bullshit excuse.