chapter thirteen - romance movies

He's taking so long to drive how far does this guy live from the Grab 'n Go? I think everything is normal until he turns off onto a dirt road that leads into the woods.

"Are you kidnapping me?" I ask, letting out a little nervous laugh. Maybe the 'you only live once' mindset was a bad idea, actually maybe just getting in the car with a complete stranger was the bad part but I don't even know at this point. So I mean if I die that's totally on me.

"No, we're gonna do something fun. What's a better way to make an impression on a pretty girl like you?" He says and I laugh a little. I cant tell if this is hot or creepy. He begins to slow down and he pulls up to a lake, the moonlight dimly lights up the lake as he turns his car headlights off. He gets out of the car and walks over to my side to open the door for me, I cautiously get out of the car and look around realizing we are incased in woods. No one else is out here it's just us. As I'm looking around I hear something fall onto the floor, I look over at him and see him shirtless.

"What are you doing?" I ask, backing up a little. He's hot but this is kinda weird and I want to go home. He takes off his belt and his jeans fall to the floor, pooling at his ankles.

"This." He says as he steps out of his jeans and starts to run to the dock, jumping into the lake. It took me by surprise a little but a smile soon begins to dawn on my face, he's fun. "What are you doing? Take it off and get in here!"  He yells at me with a smile on his face. This is exciting.

I take off the jacket and put it back in his car, making sure not to get it dirty for him. I turn around so he only sees my back and the first thing I take off my shirt, he whistles at the sight of my black bralette and soon after I take off my belt and my shorts. I turn around and see him looking at me, I get a little insecure but I don't mind it because his attractiveness is already distracting me. I run over and hold my nose, jumping in and it's really really REALLY cold.

"Fuck it's cold!" I yell.

-

I'm wrapped in a picnic blanket that he got from the trunk of his car only wearing my underwear and his jacket underneath. I sit in the passenger seat as he drove us back to his home. The car is warm and he puts in an Eagles greatest hits cassette, having it playing quietly in the background. I prefer Sweet but I don't think he has anything from them like Vance does. He's tapping his fingers on the steering wheel to the beat of the song.

"Where are you from?" He asks me, the question takes me a little by surprise since we have been silent since we got in the car.

"New Jersey. My dad got a job here so he took me with him." I say trying to wrap myself in the picnic blanket even more. I wish I could put my clothes back on but they're wet and covered in mud since it decided to rain whilst we were swimming.

"Sweet. We're almost home." He says pulling into a street that seems familiar. I look out the window to try to pinpoint where we are and my jaw almost falls onto the floor.

"You live here?" I mumbled.

"Yeah why? That house over there." He says pointing to the house right next to Vances house. Why me? How am I so unlucky? He parks in the driveway and turns off the car, getting out. I open my door and step out with the picnic blanket still draped over me, barely covering me. It's so fucking cold. I walk to the door and he walks over to me a couple seconds later with all of our dirty clothes in his hands. He opens the door for me and I step inside. It looks almost identical to Vances house layout but alot more cleaner and the decor is vastly different. "My parents aren't home. I have a tv in my room." He says closing the front door before he walks in.

"Cool. Wanna watch a movie?" I ask still cautiously looking around. He gives me a "Sure" and walks into his room, I follow behind him. His room smells even more like pot then his car did and it causes me to cough a little. I sit down on his bed, which is against the window, and look outside. Vances rooms window is maybe a few feet away from Mattys window and he has a perfect view of whatever me and Matty do in here, fuck my luck. I can see a little peak of blonde hair from his window and quickly turn towards Matty before he catches me looking. Matty is lighting up a blunt and offering it to me, I take it and putting it in my mouth as he lights it for me, I take a drag. I soon cough and nod laughing, thats some good shit. Matty opens the window to let the room get some air.

"Do you have clothes I can put on?" I ask, coughing some more. He thinks about it for a second then leaves the room so I take another hit. He comes back a couple minutes later with some fresh clothes. "Thanks" I smile, passing him the blunt and taking the clothes, putting them down on the bed. He goes to a corner of his room and puts some music on his stereo. I stand up taking the picnic blanket off with my back facing the window. I take the fresh clothes he gave me and begin to put the shirt on, Matty carefully watching my every move from the corner. "What are you looking at?" I laugh putting the baggy pyjama shorts he gave me on.

"Nothing." He said looking me up and down. ick. Its only fine when Vance does that. I laugh nervously a little.

"What movie are we watching?" I say flopping down onto the bed facing his tv. "Do you have anything horror?" I ask looking around.

"I was thinking something romance." He says, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. I would rather kill myself then watch a romance movie.

"Uh— yeah sure I love romance" I blatantly lie, moving on the bed so he has space to sit down with me.

He smiles and puts in 'The Way we Were'. I hate this movie. It begins to play and its already excruciatingly boring yet Matty looks really interested I wonder how many times he has watched this.

Maybe around 20 minutes into the movie I look out the window and see Vance on his bed attempting to do his math homework. He looks up at me and we make eye contact, I give Matty the side eye and look back at Vance mouthing "Help me" to him as I see him laugh. He gives me a thumbs down and I roll my eyes trying not to laugh. Matty puts his arm around me as I look at Vance sarcastically for help. I see him write something down on a piece of paper and he puts it onto the window so I could read it.

thats ur falt. deel with it

Fuck he cant spell, I let out a little laugh.